Ottawa Football....We're Back!!!!!

We are back, baby !!! We owned the BC Lions in 1950’s, 1960’s, 1970’s, 1980’s & 2015. Good job guys.!!! :rockin: :cowboy: :smiley:

An extra home game too!!!

Hey #RNation!

I’m thrilled to announce the REDBLACKS October 6 road game against the Argonauts is now an Ottawa home game! We got it because the Argos building needs to be reserved for a potential Blue Jays baseball playoff game. Tickets for the re-located game will be available early next week.

Tell your friends because it’ll be a great opportunity for them to experience TD Place and see why the REDBLACKS have become the biggest party in town.

As soon as tickets are available we’ll be back in touch with you. It takes a few days to program our ticketing system and when that’s done we’ll be ready-to-go.

It’s a busy next few weeks for us. The REDBLACKS play in Saskatchewan this weekend before returning home to play the Argo’s in a sold out TD Place on September 26.

Then, we host another Conference rival, the Montreal Alouettes, October 1 before hosting the Argos in the re-located game on Tuesday October 6th. Starting time will remain 7:30 PM.

It doesn’t get much better than that!

:thup:

Got the email about 1/2 hour ago :slight_smile:

I'll drop this here. It's Desjardins answering a question about the acquisition of Shawn Lemon. It goes to show how night and day this organization is compared to past groups:

SUN: Signing defensive end Shawn Lemon was a significant splash, you won a bidding war ...

DESJARDINS: To make sure we're on the same page, other teams bid a lot more money than we did for Shawn Lemon. It wasn't a bidding war, per se. There were a lot of things that played into it. Sure we had to be competitive. The relationships he had with people who are now RedBlacks and the proximity to his hometown were important. It wasn't a bidding war in the true sense. We were under what a lot of teams were trying to get him for. I told the agent, 'We can't do (a bidding war). If that's what it comes down to, you're going to have to take one of the others.' It's not like we weren't competitive, but it wasn't as though we said whatever it'll take, we'll do.

It speaks to where we're at in terms of what we do off the field, how we treat people, but also the progression we've made in terms of our performance on the field. If what I understand it to be, that the other teams in the equation weren't as competitive as we were at that point, we did have that going for us. I guess between the three teams, we were deemed as more of a winning team. We've made strides. We continue to treat people the right way, we do a lot of good things for our players. It's a trickle down. When you come to games and it's sold out and guys see that atmosphere, it's a lot better than playing in places that are half empty. It speaks well to how we're progressing.

Great stuff! looks like a great deal. Got this from the REDBLACKS

GET TICKETS TO THE EXTRA GAME TOMORROW AT 10 AM AGAINST TORONTO! 10 AM TOMORROW

Dear Jim,

SPECIAL ADVANTAGE FOR YOU AS A REDBLACKS TICKET PACKAGE HOLDER, jIM

GET TICKETS TO THE EXTRA GAME TOMORROW AT 10 AM

Step 1) Go to Ticket Page - Click Here
Step 2) Enter Promocode "BONUSGAME"
Step 3) Select your seats and add to cart
Step 4) Select Delayed Print-At-Home Tickets
Step 5) Check Out
Step 6) Enter payment information. These tickets are 40% less than what package holders normally pay as we want to #PackThePlace
Step 7) Finish Check Out

Please note you have until Friday at noon to get your seats.

PS. Want to meet Justin Phillips and get priority access to purchase his New Era cap and knit? Today at the REDBLACKS shop inside Gate 2 at TD Place from 5-7. Be there!
Thank you RNATION!

Front row upper deck only cost me $41 after fees. I'll take that all day long. :thup: