OTT vs HAM Predictions

If the theory of Breaux is just struggling to adapt to a new system (and not a declining level of play) is true then missing practice and games won’t help him or the team much.

That’s what I heard too - expect that Okafor will back up. Probably the better way to go. Easier to sub a national for an international

Breaux is definitely out but Rico will probably play according to what I heard from Coach O from yesterday’s scrum.

I think this could be a tough game again. Ticats definitely need to limit mistakes - like penalties! >:( They did not turn the ball over at all last week so that’s a good thing that needs to continue. They need to stop the run - the run defense has been hit or miss this season and since last week was definitely a “miss” I expect it will be better this week. Some tackling last week seemed to be suspect so they definitely need to lock down on that tackling again.

However if the Ticats limit mistakes and play well there’s no reason they shouldn’t win this game. It’s definitely time to start a winning streak in Ottawa! GO TICATS!!

Score - (not that I’m any good at predicting it!) 25-17

Just saw the depth chart and Ciraco is back in as a starter backed up by Okafor - unless he’s a game time decision and is a late scratch but I haven’t heard anything to suggest that. Good to have him back again.

He’s been placed on the 6 gm IL .

With the addition of Breaux our 6 gm IL now has 10 players listed on it . Strangely enough as well is the fact that Tevin Mitchell who replaced Breaux on the active roster last week has also been placed on the 6 gm . Meanwhile our 1 gm IL at the moment is only showing two players listed on it . Ryker Mathews joins Jay Langa who has only suited up for 1 game so far this season on the 1 gm IL .

Cats 28 - Redblacks - 17

I liked the idea of our global player being a kicker…why the change I wonder??

Could be that they need Gnahoua on special teams with other players being down. It’s probably more valuable to have him dressed for that reason than a kicker. And our Ortiz is still waving his towel around on the sidelines and cheering on the home crowd - dressed or not dressed for play! Love his enthusiasm!

Sad to hear that OTT will be without their star return man. Replaced by a 38-year-old.

Ottawa’s offence will have a different look in Week 10, with [url=https://www.cfl.ca/players/julian-feoli-gudino/158206/]Julian Feoli-Gudino[/url] released this week and receivers [url=https://www.cfl.ca/players/devonte-dedmon/164509/]DeVonte Dedmon[/url] and [url=https://www.cfl.ca/players/rafael-araujo-lopes/165121/]Rafael Araujo-Lopes[/url] sidelined due to injury. However, [url=https://www.cfl.ca/players/caleb-holley/162553/]Caleb Holley[/url] and R.J. Harris both return to the lineup, while off-season signing and former first round CFL Draft pick Nate Behar will get the start at field wideout. Recently-signed veteran Stef Logan will fill in for Dedmon as the team’s primary returner.

I see that the team agreed with me that it didn’t make sense to dress two backups for the five DB spots, while dressing five backups for the four DL spots.

So this game, we are going with one backup DB, who as far as I know, can only step in at safety.

Adeleke can also play SAM, so Rico could move to cover for an injured DB if needed

Yup . Top heavy on the front end and razor thin on the back end . I wonder if any of those back up Linemen listed can play DB in case of injury ? :o

I expect they’re looking at Murray and Beverette as the guys who’d get shifted around, if injuries occurred in the defensive backfield. Also, dressing Jordan Moore for his first pro game, I’d think, is part of that contingency plan

I will take the cats 24-22.

I think Breaux has a legit injury as they pay him 200k a year to play not rest. there is only 16 games and missing 6 or more is huge.

Ottawa at home with Thorpe as the their Defensive Co-ordinator
And with Dane Evans asour QB should make for a low scoring affair.
Ottawa has good db’s . I can see 2 interceptions by Evans.

Grover: I’ve just gotta ask – if that’s the TiCats’ arrival, did they, for some reason, decide not to stay?

Cats-35
RedBlacks-13
Think last weeks comeback will add confidence. But the guys gotta clean up some of those penalties. I think ( hope ) they will and we’ll be okay!

Gentle Ben,

There are 18 regular season games in the CFL.

I will take the cats 24-22.

I think Breaux has a legit injury as they pay him 200k a year to play not rest. there is only 16 games and missing 6 or more is huge.

Ottawa at home with Thorpe as the their Defensive Co-ordinator
And with Dane Evans asour QB should make for a low scoring affair.
Ottawa has good db’s . I can see 2 interceptions by Evans.

say huh???

I think there’s 18 games and not 16 in the CFL.

I think we should consider the following for replacing Breaux.

1. Sign Emmanual Davis out of retirement
  2. Ask Deion Sanders if he’s interested
  3. Convert Luke Tasker to DB
  4. Trade Dane Evans for Nik Marshall

Any opinions?

What say you?