O'Shea signs three-year extension with Bombers

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announced on Thursday that head coach Mike O’Shea has signed a three-year contract extension which will have him continue to lead the football club through the 2025 Canadian Football League season.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/12/08/oshea-signs-three-year-extension-with-bombers/
1 Like

And the Bombers continue their impressive run of signing key parts of their football operation. This signing was hardly unexpected. It’s a very good time to be a Bomber fan.

4 Likes

I am told the sticking point for negotiations was whether CEO Wad Miller would spring for a 4th pair of Bermuda shorts.

1 Like

For comparisons sake it appears O'Shea, Cal Murphy, and Bud Grant have all coached 140 WBB games.

1 Like

This, now being official, is great news for the Bombers organization and fans.
Three years is an awesome commitment from both sides to continue to build on and achieve the high standards of play, culture and discipline we have become accustomed to the last several years.

Looking forward to a number of Bomber free agents remaining with the team now and bringing in some new players to round out an already outstanding team.

And he is Canadian. We can celebrate that too.

4 Likes

This is great news! And Buck Pierce is staying on as OC as well.

3 Likes

Welcome. Yes it is, and yes he is. Good read about Buck on Bluebombers.com.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum as well. The more Bomber fans the better. I take it your handle is from the famous progressive rock band of yesteryear?

1 Like

Yes, that is correct. I might be old but I'm new to the forum. Thanks for the welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Very good signing & an additional welcome aboard. One of my brothers, long deceased, actually went to a Robert Fripp guitar seminar (in Chicago ?? if memory serves), decades ago. Can't say I was a Crimson fan (sorry) but my brother was, so there's that.:smiley:

Anyway, have to agree. The key guy is locked up. Good for the Bombers.

3 Likes

Bombers need to sell O'Shea shampoo. Wash rinse repeat..... seams like I heard this news a week ago. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
BTW welcome KingCrimson769

1 Like

'Welcome' happens to be the King Crimson ditty that reminds us... "Now that you are stuck with me you'd better be my friend!"

We're old like well-ripened cheese. We're welcome anywhere as long as we stay down wind.

:exploding_head: Okay Mike, I come in peace. We’ll be friends..we’ll be friends. :v:

1 Like

Mike O'Shea, I'd suggest is as genuine as you can be. Besides having all the attributes it takes to be a great coach and leader, he is truly a players coach and that's as good as it gets. So proud to be a Blue Bomber fan and congrats Mike on the contract and representing Winnipeg (and Manitoba) like the true gentleman you are. Already looking forward to 2023

1 Like

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you seem to have posted a King Diamond video. Oops! We can still be friends though.

1 Like

Pretty impressive debut getting one over on Maaax. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That will have to be decided in the court of the Crimson King.

2 Likes

Who dat?:smiley:

1 Like

It’s a song and album with a famous cover.

https://images.app.goo.gl/dq7xpsKN6A1wq9Yh6