O'Shea not going to Edmonton

Rumors are flying Elks have their sights set on the mad Irishman. Can't see him going without his cohorts and thinking Winnipeg will give him a big raise which would be a mistake imo.

1 Like

Well a cannot fathom them looking at Chris Jones. But in the same token . Cannot see a mass exodus of bomber coaches going to to Elk land ... The CFL outlawed that after Jones gutted the EE staff. But yea can see the bomber head coach as the two big seats in one in Elkville

1 Like

I could see this happening, O'Shea certainly won't be getting any promotions to GM in Winnipeg. Looks like both of today's coaches could be in their last games in their respective colors.

1 Like

O'Shea is under contract for another year. Walters deal might be up this year.

I would not target the Bombers for managerial talent but would consider hiring their accountant.

Lol you might be right about that

Wade "Wadzilla" Miller has some repulsive personal habits but there's no question his managerial and business expertise has helmed the Winnipeg football club into a newfound and unheard of (for them) prosperity. Miller just doesn't sell tickets - actually ticket sales for the Bombers are tepid, unless its the Banjo Bowl or a Western Final most games saw upwards of 10,000 empty seats in a stadium designed to hold 32,000.

Miller is a promotional genius and collects money from the community for advertising, ancillary activities, outright donations & more including very active merchandising outlets at the stadium and in top shopping malls.

He could be of value in other markets - only problem being a fairly repugnant personality which makes it difficult for him to report to anyone other than himself.

O'Shea, should he win his 2nd straight Cup could write his own ticket - in at least 3 other CFL markets, including Edmonton. Winnipeg will lose at least 7, maybe up to 9 of his players, maybe 1 coach, maybe 1 manager (McManus?), etc. So going to Edmonton for $450,000 x 5 yr guarantee would insure his family's future.
Winnipeg might give him a jack to $375k, but only guarantee 2 years of it. Which would you choose?
The guy is only 51/52 - he could have another 8 to 12 years as a CFL head coach!!!
Also, don't rule out the NFL coming calling for O'Shea, perhaps initially as a defensive coordinator. The guy in Minnesota seems on last legs so O'Shea could be an NFL head man before age 55. Stranger things have happened. NFL heads make 2 million to 6 million (Bellichek), NFL assistants - $950,000 to $1.75k

1 Like

I buy mine from the government cannabis store. Where do you get yours?

2 Likes

I'll worry about next year, next year :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Could you enlighten us as to the source of these rumours?

3 Likes

O'Shea's beard has put down roots here in the 'Peg so if they wanna lure him away with a better offer they'd better show up with a good pair of scissors. :grin:

3 Likes

Dave Naylor tweet I believe. Sorry I should have posted he source.

1 Like

Ok thanks. Naylor is sure stirring it up before the big game.

2 Likes

Streeters - Mamma & Baby lol

In truth Discredited Dave (Naylor) has built up a lifetime rep as a quasi-reporter with the worst record on fake-source guessing!

Musta got the last one from John "Mouthy" Murphy at the bus depot.

2 Likes

Actually, the source is Arash Madani.

Dave Naylor and Farhan Lalji made short video today talking about the various vacancies and never mentioned Mike O'Shea to Edmonton.

4 Likes

It's unlikely imo

I can see Burris getting an OC position somewhere in the CFL depending on how far along he is in NFL development .

Might be good for two years or more before he moves on depending on how it plays out .

WHY would Burris take a job in the CFL. He makes more $$$___$$$$ now than the $ the CFL would pay him

1 Like

How much did he make ?

A quality control coach is a member of the coaching staff of a gridiron football team whose primary job is preparing the team for a game, beginning sometimes two or three weeks before the actual game. Their primary duties include preparing for the game by analyzing game film for statistical analysis.

An offensive quality control coach in the NFL makes around 100 to 150 k a season .

Since this is really his first real coaching type position in the NFL in 2021 it's most likely the lower end scale .

1 Like

It's a little premature I think. O'Shea seems like the kind of guy who was totally focused on the job at hand this year.
Since the job became available and the Elks hired a GM (Think about who was on the desk at the West Semi and Final and who has not been on the panel...) I don't think that O'Shea has really had time to consider the job.

1 Like