Orlondo Steinauer

Orlondo Steinauer has been nothing short of impressive for us this year. With the news that the Bombers want to interview O'Shea for their head coaching position, I wonder how long it will be before a team inquires about Orlondo. All indications to me would indicate he would make an excellent head coach.

Good luck to the boys this weekend!!!

Shhhhhh! Lets keep him around for a while!!

This pic is a reminder to all of just how good a coach he is.

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa344/ALfromNB/P1130163_zpsdfe06bf9.jpg

I don't think any team would consider approach the Cats or Orlondo until after the grey cup. Not only would it be extremely rude, he would likely be to busy planing the D for the game coming up.

After the game all bets are off, I'm sure there will be options for him then though.

There is a great article on TSN about him, this team needs to lock everybody up and build, Orlando what's his contract length?
It is very portant that the coaching staff stays the same at least for next year :roll:

I don't think teams are allowed to talk to coaches during Grey Cup week.

I don't see Steinauer getting any head coaching offers just yet. This is only his second stint as a DC (he had a half season with the Argos in 2011 after Chip Garber was fired) and while I think he has done an awesome job, I don't think he's done enough to warrant getting a head coaching job. Maybe in a year or two, but I don't see him leaving after one season.

Way, way too soon for a HC position. Down the road maybe but 2014 would be way too soon. There are other guys with lots more experience available. Lapolice, Burke and Reed are looking and so are guys like Chapdelaine, Dickenson and Jones.

Orlondo’s time will come.

An Argo-Cat fan

While I agree that's a probably a little bit too soon, don't forget Corey Chamblin became a head coach after one season as a defensive coordinator despite not being any good at it.

That being said, I don't think we have to worry about losing Steinauer this off-season.

Nice article on Steinauer's coaching philosophy posted on the TSN site:

HOGAN: STEINAUER A MAJOR REASON TICATS WILL PLAY FOR GREY CUP
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=437184