Orlondo Steinauer

I can’t believe I haven’t seen this name mentioned this morning.
People: I love the job our O-Line did (particularly on the last two drives).
But how about some praise for our D.
And the DC. Makeshift and rookie laden, this D has improved steadily all season. Anybody think we’d have been this good with Creehan?

No matter what happened yesterday (turnovers galore, having a punt blocked deep in our end), our DC was calm, cool and collected on the sidelines and the D was well prepared and outstanding all day, taking sure points off the board several times so that our O had a chance to win with one drive in the fourth quarter.

I’m an offensive player from way back (TE), but you gotta give credit for yesterday’s win to the D and DC.

Agreed!

We've had some pretty shabby defences in recent years, but Steinauer has steadily built the defence into a respectable unit over the course of the season. They kept us in that game when our own offence struggled.

And I don't know if you know this, but I heard through the grapevine that Montreal's QB won the Heismann Trophy. And one of their receivers is the son of All-Pro Hall-of-Fame NFL receiver Cris Carter! Keep it under your hat, though; I don't think anyone else knows. The media doesn't seem to want to mention it.

I agree, our defense had a great game. Austin and Steinauer were both amazing hires and huge upgrades from last year. When I heard these two were our new HC and DC, I thought this was going to be an amazing year for the Cats.
I actually think our defense now is one of the top in the league.

If the defense hadn’t improved so much since at the beginning of the year… we would have never won that game. So yes, I do give him a lot of credit for yesterday’s win. =) Thank you Steinauer for bringing the talent out of those rookies!

I thought the defense did a great job in overtime. When they held Montreal back to a field goal, the offense pulled through with the TD. A total team effort, and a team win. Congratulations all around.

And I don't know if you know this, but I heard through the grapevine that Montreal's QB won the Heismann Trophy. And one of their receivers is the son of All-Pro Hall-of-Fame NFL receiver Cris Carter! Keep it under your hat, though; I don't think anyone else knows. The media doesn't seem to want to mention it.
OH MY GOD. Really?!

I was thinking about taking a shot of Fireball every time they mentioned that, but I realized I would probably run out at half time.

No doubt about it; our Defense has improved immensely under Steinaur's tutulege. He has turned our "D" into
a force to be reconed with in the CFL.

Accross the line and throughout the defensive backfield, this unit has shown vast improvment and shouldn't
be taken for granted.

Orlando's defense was rock solid. Time and again faced with poor field position, they repeatedly shut the door. They kept this team in the game, and produced turnovers to boot.

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you started this thread predscoachbrew.
Orlondo has done an outstanding job.....especially considering his limited coaching experience.
Kent Austin is a talent spotter for sure. He saw something in Orlondo and was willing to give him a chance.
Orlondo was a great player.....now I have tremendous respect for him as a defensive coach.
This team has been coached very well this season. We are heading for the Eastern final (finally!) but no matter what happens this coming weekend, we should all be proud of what has been achieved in a re-building year.
The future looks very good. :thup: