Optimists vs. Realists vs. Pessimists

Cheerleaders vs Doomsayers.

Glass Half Full vs Glass Half Empty.

Call it whatever you prefer.

The mystery for me is why some people care so deeply about the mindset of others? Alternatives being: read their posts and move on, or read their posts and respond in anger because they are a bit more optimistic or a bit more pessimistic than you happen to be. It shouldn't ruin your day, and it doesn't affect the outcome of the games. There should be room for varying opinions.

In real life, based on all of my experience and everything I've ever read, virtually everyone would prefer to spend time around people with a generally positive outlook, and avoid those who are negative about everything. Is it somehow the opposite in the online world?

7 Likes

Unfortunately these days if someone has a different opinion than you, rather than discuss the reasons why it is far preferable, apparently, to just call them some demeaning name.

6 Likes

There are alot of attacks on here that fly over people's heads. These attacks seem innocuous to most people but the perpetrators take one of your quotes that they disagree with and then regurgitate it over and over. It's all over the forum if you know where to look. Supremely childish and totally unneccessary.

Like ExPat says above. If you don't agree with someone, either ignore them and move on or engage them in a friendly debate. There is no need for the constant mocking.

6 Likes

There are members here from right across the board, & most are reasonable sorts. Lots enjoy debating anything & everything, that's what these forums are for after all. A few just enjoy the provoking others, you see that in many other forums as well, & it can get rather immature & nasty on occasion. I've never blocked anyone, but there are certainly members I won't respond to. I prefer to talk to adults.

6 Likes

I've got my Black and Gold Poms ready for the next game!

8 Likes

Must say things have been NP lately, all friendly posters.

1 Like

I just Googled NP . Sorry I'm old but hey "No Problem". :laughing:

1 Like

Even more mystifying for us "olds," how about NW, "No Worries!"

1 Like

Thanks for saving me the effort.

1 Like

That ship seems to have sailed😞. Express anything positive (especially when we win) and you’ll get venomous replies. No longer a friendly place to discuss all things Ticat.

4 Likes

LOL, the ignore option when used strategically can be your friend :slight_smile:

No matter how bad it gets on here, I’ll still continue to follow this forum for those really good posts, however few, that provide us with player and team info, and posts that explain rule nuances and remind us of our glory days. Please don’t give up this thread - that would be a very dark day.

4 Likes