Operation Lancaster

Interestingly named project in the news today. I take it as a sign the Ticats win this week:

Operation LANCASTER to Assert Canadian Sovereignty in the Arctic
The Government of Canada has launched Operation LANCASTER, a 12-day military exercise in the eastern Arctic designed to assert Canada’s sovereignty in the North. While speaking to a combined audience of Canadian Forces soldiers and Nunavummiut, Prime Minister Harper noted that Canada’s sovereignty in the Arctic is recognized by 150 countries that have ratified the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea and said the federal government is undertaking numerous measures to enforce Canada’s control over the Arctic. http://www.pm.gc.ca/eng/media.asp?category=1&id=1273

I take it as a sign the Ticats win this week:
not if their minds are up north

It was likely named after the Malton, Ontario-built Lancaster aircraft (there is also a Lancaster Sound in the Eastern Arctic) that was used by the RCAF to photograph Canada and the Arctic back in the 50's and early 60's for mapping purposes.
I used to process some of the film. I was a Tiger Cat fan back then too in my RCAF days so I would be quite happy if the Little General is now associated with that huge project.
His record and impact in football is huge.
But I sure hope he ends his career with his team in much better shape than it is now.