Ontario Doesn't Care About Grey Cup?

…?..competitive lumberjacking?

London is like a lot of Canadian cities. When I ask my nephew who is a huge NBA fan how are London's chances of landing an NBA franchise, he laughs. He has to to Toronto to make himself feel "important".

CFL is fu.... so great, eh? I guess,eh.. :thup: :thup:

Hey Ford bud, Ralph Wilson and Goodell are laughing at you, you're helping to pay to keep the Bills in Buffalo. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve always maintained as a darkhorse market for the CFL, southwestern ontario would be a success. However, the CFL has stated they want to try to regionalize the Ti-cats brand into that region.

Geroy.
There's a few Ticat fans here, but I doubt we would rally around a team in Hamilton.
We're almost as big a city as Hamilton.
We don't want to live through another city
I doubt a team in London would have any negative impact on Ticats attendance.
In fact I think it would be a great rivalry.

The Toronto Sun headline reads ARGOS A DRAG ON TV RATINGS
Yet when the story is picked up and printed by others, this headline never appears. If you read the actual story, it never states the Argos are a drag on TV ratings. The Argos are one of 3 teams mentioned that got off to a bad start. This is the typical T.O media bias that the CFL and the Argos have to put up with regarding the CFL in T.O

I don’t know about this year, but last year, based on the numbers that were made public, the Argos had the worst average ratings on TSN (numbers below), both lower than the Als, whose fan base includes large numbers of people who would have been watching on RDS. I doubt the numbers are any better this year, given that overall numbers have been down and the Argos were worse this year. So yeah, the Argos are dragging the ratings down a bit.

Here are the averages for each team:
BC - 872125 (8 games)
CAL - 832750 (8 games)
EDM - 864900 (10 games)
SAS - 1001400 (10 games)
HAM - 759667 (9 games)
MON - 840667 (6 games)
TOR - 747375 (8 games)
WIN - 848889 (9 games)
The numbers in brackets indicate the number of games the averages are based on.

Here is the mentality of the Toronto media. They have this idea of the "4 major north American sports"
And under this theory the cfl isn't included. Thus the lousy coverage.
But in reality there are no 4 major sports. What's their major sports isn't ours. They have baseball basketball NFL.
We have hockey, cfl and curling.
Until we can get rid of this notion that their major sports are ours, the cfl will always get second rate treatment in that city

...any media outlet, canadian or american, would tell you the four major north american sports are football, baseball, basketball and hockey*...and the premier leagues in those sports are the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL...any media person will tell you that, even the ones covering the weather...

(* media outlets south of the mason-dixon line will probably swap out hockey and replace with nascar)

But to his point, is the NBA a major league in Canada? I'd say no.
Is the CFL a major league in Canada? Definitely.

Only in Canada, do we hold so highly foreign leagues. You'll never see Swedes put down their hockey league, the french put down their soccer league or the japanese put down their baseball league even though they aren't the biggest/highest profile leagues...

…what other basketball league in canada surpasses it?..and I"m sure that as much as the japanese love their baseball league they recognize it as not being the premier league of the sport, same for the swedes and their hockey (case in point, my cousin’s husband plays in the swedish hockey league, because after a few times given the opportunity he could not crack the NHL)…I don’t disagree that perhaps some scribes could find better things to write about, but meh, whadda ya going to do about that? except not read their tripe and perhaps use it to line your birdcage…perpetually whining about it to the converted masses doesn’t seem like a useful thing to do…but whatever floats your boat I guess…

…although he has never said it (and to do so publicly would probably be a bad thing to do so) I"m sure Cohon has had and will continue to have discussions with ontario media outlets and their perception of the sport…

But my point is this. If you just read the headline, like lot’s do in T.O. The message you get is that no one watches the Argos in T.O. Which is not correct. The Argos are the second highest watched TV team in T.O, beating the Raptors, Blue Jays, TFC. The Argos TV ratings are very good compared to the other T.O.

What other basketball league in Canada surpasses the NBA?
How bout where it stands amongst sports in CAanda?
Its near the bottom interest wise.
Check TV ratings. Always at the bottom.
That ain't a major sport.
And baseball?
We have one friggin team in the whole country?
Thats a major sport in Canada?
Bottom line.
Their sports aren't ours.
What other coutnry in the world declares another country's leagues as theirs as well?
the answer?
Nobody.

USA - hockey

Mexico - NFL

...regardless, my point wasn't that they are popular here in Canada, my point was that any media person will tell you the four premier leagues in the North American continent are the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL/Nascar...any media person, try it, contact a sportswriter here in Calgary, or try Edmonton and see what they say....dont' bother with Nunavut...

New Zealand - Rugby League and Soccer.

Couldn’t agree more. These are the four major American sports, please keep the North out of it. Basketball would love to get the TV ratings in this country that the Brier can draw. Had over a million plus for the last Olympic trial bonspiel. And how about Mexico. Last time I checked, they were still a part of North America. I`m sure their major sports are different from the American ones.

...add aussie rules to that too Pi-Cat, it's quite popular in NZ

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_rules_football_in_New_Zealand]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian ... ew_Zealand[/url]

You would think some from the CFL would approach the NHL out of profession curtsey and not schedule a Leaf game on the same day as the GC. The Leafs get 1.6 million with regard to TV ratings. So i would think this will impact GC TV ratings

not only that they are at the same time
at first i was like, oh the leafs game will be over before the first half of the GC is over, but the leaf game starts at 9 tonight

oh nvm that means the grey cup will almost be over before the game starts
good i can watch both