only in the NFL, 2:00 minute warning and they kneel 3 times.

Show me the stats? :cowboy:

You can thank Norv Turner for that…

And I bet Matry Shoctinheimer (horrible sp…) is laughing right about now… They need to fire their GM AJ Smith

Well, I can understand them giving Marty the boot... He led the team to 14-2 and then an immediate elimination. What was he in the playoffs, like 5-13 or something?

Of course, I don't agree with how they did it. They completely screwed themselves in that situation.

Yeah, I know he isnt exactly God in the playoffs...

But Norv freakin Turner?!

The differences in timing rules are one of the things I think makes Canadian football more interesting.

Not saying it's good either way but you realize timeouts are worth a lot more in the NFL for the end of the game.
As for the Pats not playing anyone I'm not a fan but who else should they beat. When your good teams left you want them to play are the Eagles and Ravens I think it's time to give up the argument. The way the NFL is now other then the Colts or Pats you can't beat any team and get full credit for it

Oh yes there is. I did a survey last year on a CFL weekend and an NFL weekend.

NFL averaged 120 -135 plays per game (Indy game was around 145)

CFL averaged 160-180 plays per game

That 40 second clock in the NFL along with the fair catch are the two rules I wish they would change!

They also need to change the two feet in bounds thing. What other sport requires this? None I can think of. It also restricts the players from really stretching to make that awesome catch. But then they do have an extra down to work with so maybe this is to make it more difficult since they have that extra down.

I have never done a count, but it just seems logical that there would be more plays in the CFL. Not to mention the fair catches and taking a knee in the endzone on kickoffs.

Those are still plays though…

They could lose either of these…

Mon 12/3/2007 8:30 PM @ Ravens
Sun 12/9/2007 4:15 PM vs Steelers

My counting was very unscientific but accurate. I took Number of Carries, Pass attempts, Punts, Fieldgoals, and Converts and Kickoffs, and just added them together. My margin of error is low as I didn’t factor in penalties that were “False Starts”. Do you count them or not? Anyways, that shouldn’t have a large effect on number of plays.

Sounds reasonable. I agree with leaving the penalties out of the mix.

Ravens will be tough, but considering they have no offence, I think the Pats will beat them. The Steelers will be a good game, though.

I can agree the Steelers will give them a game but if Big Ben can throw 5td's on the Ravens in one half alone what do you think Brady will do. Actually the game I may see ruining the Pats record is playing the Giants week 17

Other than Ed Reed, the Ravens secondary was non-existant… If Chris McCallister and Samari Rolle were healthy Big Ben wouldnt have had nearly as good a game…

NFL i call it the No Fun League, its very boring on most days, and the going down on your knee when there is 2 minutes left in the game. This League thrives on advertising sponsors and the Media feeds the people this league and how good its suppose to be, Fluite gave me some excitement when he was there but i very seldom watch it very boring league, lots of hipe for???? I'll stick with CFL