One Request of the Team

Lots of those are check-down or outlet passes due to the receivers not getting open downfield, or due to a breakdown in the O-line.

Mind you, that WR hitch-screen to Dunbar seemed to work out OK, but what do I know?

3 Likes

Everything seems to be working for Winnipeg, and we certainly don’t have a Ben Cahoon. We had Akins but of coarse they let him go to another team.

1 Like

Atkins is a pretty random guy from the past. One season above 30 catches.

If you are referring to Tony Akins ( and there is no reason to think that you’re not ) He played here for 5 seasons between 1999 - 03 . He was I believe eventually released by the team prior to the 2004 Training Camp and never signed or played for another team .

Also as Iceman pointed out he had only one season above 30 catches and although he was a steady receiver as well as a kr/pr man he was never considered as an All-Star worthy type of a player during his 5 years with the team .

Here are his career stats…

1 Like

Tony Akins.......Who can forget his first game as a Tiger-Cat in a late season game in Winnipeg in 1999. Four receiving touchdowns and 8 catches for 257 yards for the Buffalo Bills cast-off in his first CFL game.

1 Like

I remember it well . It was certainly quite the debut indeed . Unfortunately he couldn’t live up to or come close to that lofty achievement the rest of his career here .

The back of his card says it all…

Pretty sure he was referring to Jalen Acklin, now in Ottawa and leading the League in receiving yards.

But did he ever score 4 TDs in one game?

1 Like

Nope. At least not yet. Nor has he done that in his first game.

Well hindsight being 50/50 If we were going to let one of our young receivers walk it would’ve been nice to have kept Acklin and got rid of # 12 Kneeler White instead . Outside of a few random bursts this season , lets face it , Timmy has been as useful as a rubber crutch in a paraplegic ward .

2 Likes

Aklin would certainly be an asset (37 catches for 687 yards) but White isn’t as bad as you wish him to be. Top three Ticats receivers after 7 games.

Dunbar. 30 catches for 488 yards
White. 36 catches for 426 yards
Addison. 40 catches for 381 yards.

They’ve all taken turns dropping passes.

2 Likes

That’s true. The ONLY thing we don’t have going for us right now is last year’s SHUT DOWN DEFENCE in regards to the run game. Teams are running over us like we’re a last place team. We need another steel pylon like ‘The Stove’… 305 lbs of solid muscle and concrete:

If Kyle Walters finds an NFL cut that fits the above description who can fly up here without causing the plane to crash our defence will have a chance to be scary again.

1 Like

Acklin has one more catch than White but has a whopping 241 yds more than him on the season .

Not Whites fault if that is what is called. Hard to compare receivers in different offensive systems.

2 Likes

This guy might be available soon (he’s Canadian):

Saskatchewan might not be able to sign Lenius. Whoever gets this starting Canadian could insert an Import into their Offensive Line and FIX THAT GLARING PROBLEM… not that I’m pointing my finger at any team in particular.

Yes,#23 J. Acklin is playing golden this year for the rouge et noir …even saw him on special teams one or more times…

1 Like

Tim White is a defending Eastern All Star, not exactly a throw away.

2 Likes

The Stove is quite the beast. I was really hoping that he signed in Hamilton but the Lions ended up snagging him.

2 Likes

And then he blew out a tire in preseason and now no one had him. Can you imagine BC with ‘The Stove’ anchoring the centre of their defence? They’re hard enough to beat as it is.

2 Likes

Who is the Stove?

1 Like