One of two freak accidents kills NHL goalie

Blue Jackets goalie Matiss Kivlenieks, 24, dies in fireworks mishap (msn.com)

in the other one

Quebec woman dies after being struck by airplane while driving tractor near runway (msn.com)

Kivlenieks 'died a hero,' Blue Jackets teammate says at memorial | NHL.com goalie was a hero

I don’t wish to sound like an ass…but where is the hero part?

Clearly you didn’t read the article, he stood up to protect his teammate and others at the wedding when the fireworks misfired.

Not in the linked article

He saved my (unborn) son. He saved my wife and he saved me," Merzlikins said. “He saved many lives. … If that wouldn’t have been me, my wife or son, it would’ve been 50 other people. He died a hero. And that’s not me saying it. That was the doctor saying it. If he would just sit, it wouldn’t have happened. … I just wanted to let you know that he was a hero. He saved a lot of lives.” Is clearly written in the article so clearly you didn’t read it

Does not say he did anything deliberate to save anyone.

Believe what you want

Yes it does it clearly says he stood up to protect people when firework misfired .

As [Legace’s daughter] Sabrina said, ‘he saved his last puck.’ I just want to let you know that he was a hero, and he saved a lot of lives. And I’m pretty sure he did that with a smile, because it’s true.” The goaltending coaches daughter is nurse and she was there when it happened since it was after her wedding .