One of the most exciting finishes I have ever seen!

1994 Western Final
BC at Calgary
Watch the last 5 minutes. It is time well spent.
Wally Buono was head coach of Calgary.
Doug Flutie was Calgary’s QB and he was hot! It doesn’t get much better than that!
Kent Austin, the Lion’s QB gets injured and Danny McManus steps in.
The weather turns into a demon for both teams.
It is how the game was won that blew me away!
Not too many games finish as exciting as this.
Oh How I love the CFL!:canada:

8 Likes

Never forget blocked FG that won the game for BC. It was the key play and rest of them was history.

2 Likes

The only thing that would have made this even better would have been Doug throwing to Darren for the win.

1 Like

Now THAT would have been something for sure!

That is for sure!

1991 Western Final. Three busloads of us Calgarians went up tp Commonwealth and watched a back and forth game, getting pelted with snowballs thrown by Esks fans. Someone in my section got so hammered on the bus ride up, they passed out in their seat and missed the whole game. Anyway, I will never forget, with about a minute to go, Danny Barrett connected with Pee Wee Smith for the winning touchdown. We went nuts and the rest of the stadium was so quiet. I’ll never forget how elated we were as we boarded the buses back to Calgary.

1 Like

My experience with the CFL is much shorter than most of yours, but the final play of GC108 certainly had my pulse at a high rate! Considering how many opportunities WPG afforded the Ticats to take the game, the three-man interception to seal the victory was a stunner!

2 Likes