one of Hamiltons best anouncers passes away

bill sturrip passed away early this morning from cancer,i got to say this man just worked till the very end,bill has done all the the bulldog games so far this season,and the hamilton police hornared him yesterday naming the police media room after him,he also did the thunderbird games in the summer time and was the hamilton redwings aouncer

heres the link.

[url=http://www.900chml.com/news/news_local.cfm?cat=7428109912&rem=56242&red=80110923aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=news_local.cfm]http://www.900chml.com/news/news_local. ... _local.cfm[/url]

Sad to hear. Bill was a great one. My condolences to his family and friends.

Very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones.

My thoughts and prayers also go out to his loved ones.

I very much appreciated Bill and his unheralded work for the 'Cats during the dark days. I only had a few contacts with him but he was a gentleman, thoughtful, and kept me feeling positive toward the team.

He'll be missed.

Sad Day ... But we need he was going.
My condolences to his family

Bill was always good for a story. He will be missed by many, old and young.

With all the changes that happened with the club in 2004 I thought that bringing back Bill Stirrup would have lent some nostalgia to the game day experience.

He was truly "Mr. Hamilton" and will be sadly missed.

A legend who be missed greatly. My thoughts and prayers are with his family right now.

The Hamilton community lost an excellent, dependable news and sports announcer today with the passing of Bill Sturrup. He will be missed by all who knew and appreciated his professionalism. My condolences to his family.

Here's your Hamilton BULLLLLLLDOOGGGGGSSSS. My son is going to miss that one. My condolenses to his family.

Correction to the title of this thread...

Hamilton's Best Announcer Passes Away.

I knew Bill very well. He was a phenomenal human being. Hamilton's loss is Heaven's gain.

God Bless him.

That is sad news. I have heard many good things about him, and I understand he was once the Ticats PA announcer. There were many who said that we should consider bringing him back, as he got the job done well.

My condolences go out to his family.

Bill was Mr. Hamilton, if it was his music knowledge or his undeniable, destictive voice at Hamilton Tiger Cat Games or Bull Dogs, and other venues, or his undying passion for the CanUsa Games he was a treasure this City will miss.
I just wish we would have had one last earful at IWS. I hope the team will do something in the new season to acknowledge Bill's service.
The Sturrip family all my sympathies and prayers, you are not alone and please draw strength from all of us to see you through this difficult time. Bill ment a lot to us all and we will miss him !!

Debbie and Family