Here are my rule changes which have changed one last time, I'll be sending this list to Tom soon for serious consideration or a good laugh. and I'll be staring the changes I really wanna see, the rest is just my thoughts but I can live without them becoming I reality:
*1. Instead of converts, make TD worth 7 points with an another TD attempt afterwards for one point every time (see Action Point topic) (like in the WFL (1974-1975)). However, the CJFL and maybe the CIS should still use Kick coverts to please traditionalists, because unlike some people, I believe in compromise.
2. Bring back the OT lose point but change the points system to: 3 for a win, 2 for a tie or OT win, one for an OT lose, none for a lose. Also, half a point should be given to the teams that havenâ€™t play all their game up to that week (Example, week 3, Team A has played 3 games, and has 6 points, team B has played 2 games and has 6 1/2 points).
*3. Keep the cross over, this makes the CFL more based on the league than divisions, unlike the other pro leagues of North America. Because of the CO, instead of awarding the team that wins the division final the division trophy, it should be award to the team that has the best record in that division and before play the game to decide which team goes to the Grey Cup (the â€œSemiâ€? as I call it), their be a ceremony for the team and a presentation of the trophy, then the game. Because it makes no sense that a CO team should get the division trophy.
4. The Single should be extended to include quick kicks and punts on plays and Kickoffs that somehow go though the goal post should be worth a Single. My hope is that this will increase the kicking game a little. If it happens on a punt, 3 points. A fumble and/or interception in the end zone by the D but they fail to get it out of the zone should be a single as well.
*5. If the ball hits the post, it should be a single, unless it goes in. Becase the post is OB and if the ball is OB in the in zone, it's a Single.
6. The Import rule should be for non Canadian citizens only. When an Import player gains Canadian citizenship, he is no longer an Import but a Non Import.
7. The season should have a 4 week preseason ( beginning with an All Star game with last years all stars, optional ) then a 20 game regular season. A team has two byes in a 20 game regular season, so each team would play 18 games. There should be 10 weeks when all 10+ teams play and 10 weeks where 2 teams sit out, the first 5, 4 game weeks can be early and the other, late in the season. (see "The Draft" topic for more info)
8. When the time is right (that being when Canada pop and the NFL free agent list gets higher), expand all teams rosters to 42 players, 3 QB (1 import, 2 non import), 20 non import players, 19 import players.
9. Have a stronger but fair Salary Cap
10. The teams will have 2 Challengers a piece in each half, with a man upstairs dictating what's going on (TMO). Which are independent of the one time outs that the teams already have. If a challenge is made, the refs have 90 seconds to review a play before making a final decision in the play. If no decision is reached in that time, the original call stands.
11. Just for kicks (no pun intended), Iâ€™d like to see the CFL try out 4 point FGs in an exhibition game or two.
12. A CFL Error System, HT can explain this better, but Iâ€™d like to add that I think that a TD that is made by a player but is taken back by the Refs should still be a TD in the guys stats by under a different option (like taken or missed TDs)
*13. There should be a penalty on out of bounds punts, 10 yards for intentional, 5 yards for non. If it canâ€™t be determined, then 10 yard penalty because it would get coaches to not do that.
14. How about converting from yards to meters? Too confusing? Does the NFL Euro do that?
*15. Singles on a missed FG should stay, why? Because a missed field goal is wide and/or has maybe factors that could make the attempt miss, plus it puts pressure on the D not to let the O even get in range for any points, and with a longer field and end zone to there advantage, it just makes sense in this great Canadian game.
(I'm saving this topic to my favorites, so if anything comes up, I just continually update it for those interested)