One God-awful Team in Ottawa

ya it was hard to watch bc spank ottawa

1 Like

Remember the expansion year 2 wins and the following year 12 wins and making it to the Grey Cup. The same QB in 2015 but they fired most of their expansion draft players and picked up the four 1,000 yard receivers including Sinopoli, a new RB and a decent O-line.
They picked up 3 new receivers this week including Kenny Stafford and an ex-NFL RB, so we will see what happens.
The scary thing is that they have 1 win and the Als and Ticats only have 2 wins each

Hmmmm . . . 1981 Rough Riders . .5-11 all the way to the Grey Cup???

Wishful thinking but you never know.

Probably good moves, especially if the recievers pan out. But they need a better guy to get them the ball.

I wouldnā€™t put all the blame on LaPo. The GM (James Boyd) brings in the talent. LaPoā€™s successful relationship with Nichols here in Winnipeg had something to do with their current crisis at QB but thereā€™s a LOT of bad luck involved here. Who knew Nichols was toast? The GM still has time to bring in other QBā€™s or make a trade before the season is lost. Itā€™s on Boyd to find the arm and Walsh to train him up. LaPo ought to get a pass until heā€™s given tools he needs to win. :thinking:

You called it RoughRens. It just happened. :smiley:

1 Like

Let him isolate - slap on a #7 jersey and start working him into see what he can do.

I think he has to isolate for a week and Ottawaā€™s next game is Wednesday, so I imagine they will let him watch Davis/Nicholls for a couple of games.

1 Like

He should be able to dress for the 28th and they should start to find spots for him ā€œfillā€ in or run a series here and there starting on October 11th and see how he handles the Canadian game.

Also not sure how this would work or how the RBā€™s are against the cap - - but maybe Nicholls/Davis isnā€™t there?

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but in the CFL thereā€™s an ā€˜outā€™. Teams have until the halfway point in the season to drop a player under contract and have no obligation to pay him for the rest of the season. If Hodges shows promise they might be able to axe either Bridge or Nichols to stay under the cap. :thinking:

Not sure either - - or if/how practice roster players count against the cap. I think they have paid Nicholls his bonus money already - so I think they can just cut him paying as time served.

1 Like

Its on TSN as well

One week if he is vaccinated. Two if he isnā€™t as if 14 days prior I think.

Yes, then they have to see if heā€™s good enough to make the team and beat out the current 2 on the practice roster. Then learn the playbook, far too early to see if he replaces Nichols or Davis.
Likely for next year and Nichols going nowhere until the end of the year.
Next season if things work out he could be backup to Masoli and Nichols and Davis gone

Well better late than never, moves like this should have been done in the off season, not 5 games into the season. god knows there was a fair amount of down time.

Maybe they traded neg list players. We will never know. This is the CFLā€¦

Yes that is possible, I guess I am on this rant because the Issues with this team have been so obvious for so long, right from the beginning of the last full season played, yet Management sat on there hands and did nothing. Players that retired didn't wake up one morning and decide to pack it in, they would have thought long and hard about that decision, and if the G.M. had any kind of relationship with the players he would have known. And the Q.B. signings in the off season were a joke as well. just frustrating as heck.

They were off to such a great start as a franchise, the downfall has been very rapid since one of the owners left.

As much as that is true - - not sure of the impact on management decisions. I havenā€™t heard any stories such in the past when Eric Tillman worked at night in the office so that there was no interaction with Renegades ownership etc. Not saying it exists or not - but this sounds more like is lies at Desjardinā€™s feet. Just seems to be bad decisions adding up - but it only takes a few good ones to turn things around.

1 Like