One God-awful Team in Ottawa

Just seems to be progressively getting worse. If it is penny pinching then it is hard to blame Desjardins but if there is no financial or football meddling from owners then...

DesJardins is the GM . There should be no reason for penny pinching , it's a salary cap league . The blame is and should be all on him , it falls directly on his shoulders and nobody else .

3 Likes

That’s the biggest problem in Ottawa.

Desjardins is a hopelessly incompetent GM.

He’s the one who gave the ridiculous contract to Arbuckle - - two year deal averaging $425k was a massive overpay.

As evidenced by Toronto signing Arbuckle for $271k.

4 Likes

I have no idea about anything. Just hope Ottawa can turn things around and get a few wins. I really like City and stadium.

Here are my two cents …. Maybe three. Firstly I think LaPo has never been a good coach so his hiring was a mistake probably the cheapest guy they interviewed. Secondly the Arbukle Nichols thing is looking bad as well. I think they should have considered injuries. They lost some players so I expected a drop but not this much. Just no game plan. I just cannot see who a viable coaching option replacement would be. ….. Bart Andrus! Jk. Don’t think the GM will get fired. With missing a year and COVID and OSEG having a bad 18 months I don’t think they want to spend the money he gets another year.

1 Like

Didn't see... ?

Most predictions (incl on this board) had pegged REDBLACKS for 9th place in league this year

The only thing that amazed me was the massive upset over the Elks in Week 1

2 Likes

If so they set the bar lower than a snakes belly, lol

1 Like

You miss my point, I am saying we have zero depth at Q,B, Zero Depth on the offensive line, zero depth at receiver position, we have next to no D.B.s This is not on ownership this is squarely on Management and lack there of. 18 months to put a team together and this is the best they could do. give me a break.....

1 Like

Mostly management I think. Ownership is pretty solid, unlike the Chen, Glieberman years

2 Likes

I’m not a great believer in LaPolice as Head Coach. Great Xs and Os guy as an Offensive Co-Ordinator, but apparently not so good at appraising future talent or assessing current ones.

Poor match with Desjardines and LaPo it would seem.

1 Like

I'm not a nichols fan by any means but maybe QB by committee would work? Adding some depth at WR is a start. I have no ill will towards the redblacks, I save that for the riders

1 Like

Speculation is the Redblacks are bringing in neg list QB Duck Hodges.

1 Like

That is a promising note as long they can get it done and he can adapt to the Canadian game.

A solidified O-Line would help but injuries and absences has really worked against this all year long.

Were did you hear that Okie ?

1 Like

Nichols has a very accurate arm. His arm is his best asset in fact.

He DID win. Nichols was like 6-1 or 7-1 or something in 2019.

1 Like

Hope this is true - but didn't see the post at all.

1 Like

Absolutely. I’ve said it before but I gotta say something positive about Ottawa in these dark days....and that is it’s a great place to see a game with a great atmosphere, and knowledgeable, friendly fans. Good ownership too. Most teams go through this.
I do think changes need to be made, and eventually they’ll climb out of this hole.

3 Likes