One God-awful Team in Ottawa

Just filipin terrible....No Q.B., No Offensive line, one consistent receiver G.M. missing in action, way to go REDBLACKS this team is even worse than the expansion year. Wow....and Management didn't see this coming....unbelievable...

1 Like

My heart goes out to long suffering RedBlacks fans.

2 Likes

On the bright side, next week they don't play so at least I am spared having to watch them play....just say'n

I don't know how their defense went from good to bad, so quickly?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now that's funny !!!! :laughing:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Time to dump Dominque Davis. He can't read the plays and his throws are off target. The RedBlacks should pick Shea Patterson who was just released from the BC Lions. Install him instead of Davis

I was blown away that they re-signed Dominque Davis after the 2019 season, great athlete and all but not a friggin Q.B. The blame for this embarrassment is the G.M. He caught lightning in a bottle when they won the cup. and after he let Harris and the crew walk not to mention the coach well what does that tell you. Time for an actual G.M. just my 2 cents.

1 Like

What do know about Shea Patterson Dave?

I would say Dominique Davis played better than I remember him being in past years.

He did, but that's not say'n much though, with all respect, He is made for the 4 down game, not the CFL, he can run like the wind.

2 Likes

Whenever you have a team that isn't competitive it isn't good for business.

It looks like Desjardins may have outlived his effective term as a GM over there. the extent of the exodus of player and personnel isn't normal

4 Likes

I would love to put the 1-17 Cats team of 2003 against these sad sack REDBLACKS in a computer Sims and have it play out at least 1000 games between them just to see who would come out on top (bottom?) as the worst team in CFL history .

4 Likes

I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier today.

Oh no - that poor computer. Why would you subject it to that? It would fry its own hard drive to put itself out its misery.

2 Likes

It's the uniforms.

Wear these and they're the 2021 Grey Cup champions.

CFL_OTT_Jersey_1974

1 Like

Davis reminds me a bit of Michael Bishop. Has all the tools, and on the odd occasion when he puts it together he looks incredible. It's just that it's a 1 in 10 game occurrence.

Why the heck did they not sign Arbuckle? Nichols is a game manager, he's not going to outright lose the game on his own, but he's not going to win many either.

2 Likes

If Nichols had fully recovered, then he may have been a decent option paired up with his old coach LaPolice. I‘m
guessing he may have re-aggravated the shoulder either preparing for or during camp and just couldn’t throw with much velocity or accuracy. Couple that with oline and Sinopoli retirements, and inexperienced receivers and you get the team in its current form. Davis has a big arm but very inconsistent, has a hard time reading defences and with the other issues mentioned above, it’s going to be tough to pull out many wins there.

1 Like

Marcel thinks all US players are a dime a dozen.

Game manager Nichols is truly a game manager. Doesn't have any spectacular tendencies, slightly above average but not all that accurate arm. No escapability whatsoever. Might be a .500 QB in Winnipeg, slightly below .500 in Regina & Calgary!

1 Like

LaPolice couldn’t win with Nichols in Winnipeg with a MUCH better team around him.

Why would anyone think he could win with Nichols in Ottawa with a terrible supporting cast?

As I’ve explained for several years - - Matt Nichols is a horrifically bad QB. Laughably weak arm that can’t throw beyond 15yds downfield and ZERO scrambling ability.

1 Like