Once-great CFL franchise has become a joke.

Ticats: team in tatters
Once-great CFL franchise has become a joke
Sep. 5, 2006. 05:58 AM Damien Cox Toronto Star.

Anbody Disagree? He even talks about our scary white uniforms.

Oh, a Damien Cox article, have to read this right away. cough, cough, cough..

funny... after last night I'm not laughing.

Read the article. Cox brings up some valid points. This franchise is an unimaginable disaster and the Ti-Cat brand now synonymous with sheer ineptitude and outright haplessness.

And by the way, what's with the fans' meek reaction at yesterday's game? Are there now Blue Jay fans masquerading as Cats fans at Ivor Wynne? If such a performance happened at Molson Stadium (I was there Fri. vs. B.C.) the Montreal riot police would need to be called in.

As a nearly 30 year ticat fan I give up .... for this season.
I will not watch any more Ticat games as the level of anger and frustration I feel watching this 2006 version of a fiasco is not healthy.

Where is Mr. Bob and all his marketing hype got the loyal ticat fans?

The Cat's are an absolute disgrace to professional football.

How I miss Angelo Mosca, Garney Henley .... yes even Joe Zuger (sorry Joe).

Your product is garbage Mr. Bob ... fix it now!!!! :?

I think this mess on the field has to be directly blamed on Bob Young. After all, he was the one who hired a non-football guy as the GM. Clearly Katz wasn't qualified and it showed on the field. Maybe things will improve now that we have a football guy in charge of putting together a winning team.

[quote="PC45I think this mess on the field has to be directly blamed on Bob Young. After all, he was the one who hired a non-football guy as the GM. Clearly Katz wasn’t qualified and it showed on the field. Maybe things will improve now that we have a football guy in charge of putting together a winning team.
[/quote]
How can you say that when you and everyone else thought that the aquisitions in the off season were of championship quality?

That team has quit plan and simple.

I dont care if we go 0-17 as long as the games are hard fought!

I hesitate to point this out to ya'all, but the TiCats were good in the sixties and eighties, and generally crappy all other times. There's a great tradition of die-hard fans and this season is just another chapter in our loyalty.

We don't need some lazy scribe pointing out the obvious and riding wild tangents to fill up space in his column right now.

This isn't the Edmonton Eskimos were talking about here.

Take a deep breath, be grateful there is still a CFL team in Hamilton, grab some perspective and watch how much better the team will be next year.

I nominate this for post of the year

When was this franchise ever great.............The 60's maybe,but after that when?Maybe when we won 1 greycup in the 80's or was it when we won the greycup in the 90's....you want to talk about great franchises lets talk about Edmonton or Montreal.....Other than the years we went to the GreyCup we have been average...I love this team but we are not a winning franchise...........

The team as far as im concerned is much better run now than it ever has been . The people around the team seem to care and everything is first class . Bob will do whatever it takes to make the team better and keep us coming to the games . This season has been a disaster so far no doubt but I think its far from hopeless. I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

Damien Cox is the biggest jerk in the newspaper business . Dont forget his wonderful article last season when he ripped the Cats because of his so called problem with another fan . He is the most negative person going and I am so glad he`s not on Prime Time sports any longer since it was always the same with this guy , negative negative negative and now this article is the same .

I liken Bob Young to the owner of the Detroit Red Wings . They were a mess when Ilitch took over and he put class back into the organization . He hired the right people and all of a sudden they were a power again and have been for some time . Im betting they had some bumps in the road before he got them on track but look at them now !!!!