Once again this organization does another classless move

You know what although I have been quite upset with some of the poor decision making by Charlie Taafe I still think letting him go at this point is Classless Like what they did to Marshal after what 4 close losses I know we have had a horrible record under Charlie but its kind of hard when every season we have huge personnel changes and very few veterans to help this team. If the organization was smart they wouldve kept Danny Mac when we traded for Mass that way he couldve assisted that QB in his decision making. They shouldnt have Cut Rob and Mike like they did last season keep them around as player/coaches to help curb the jitters that rookies get nothing like a respected Veteran to put u in the right frame of mind what this Organization needs to see that when a team has no IDENTITY they arent going to win in 98-99 they made a few changes to a 1-17 team and made the grey cup and won it the following year Big changes doesnt win games small calculated changes over a period of time is what builds Dynasties.....

One last thing if the ticats say they are commiting to Taafe perhaps they should start sticking by there word. Taafe did have other options south of the boarder so either COMMIT or let him go in the offseason LOL i would hate to be the wife of the mangement on this team they prolly scared crapless everytime they burn the husbands steak

One last thing when the ticats said there commiting to Taafe perhaps they should start sticking by there word Taafe did have other options south of the boarder so either COMMIT or let him go in the offseason LOL i would hate to be the wife of the mangement on this team they prolly scared crapless everytime they burn the husbands steak

18,000 butts in the seats and declining forced the team's hand, I think. The way they lost was shocking and sealed the fate of a 5-23 run.

Class from a football organization? I think it's better to look for business dynamics first.LOL :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

when you are winning you can do no wrong

when you are losing you can do nothing right

this is life

18,000 is about what I expected in back to back hone games right after labour day and after a short week at that.

The 35-12 drubbing was totally unexpected given the team's fairly consistent competativeness this season.

I agree that that drubbing lead to today's firing.

Me, I'd rather see Charlie finish the year and the assisstants fired.

I assume Charlie will continue to be paid.

Nothing Like Throwing your head coach under a Bus..

The Problem is much Higher Up..

Why is it a classless move? He's the HC of a 2-8 team to say nothing of last year's sad record. He didn't produce so he was fired. I feel sorry for the guy but it does seem pretty straightforward to me.

An Argo-Cat fan

this Organization needs to see that when a team has no IDENTITY they arent going to win in 98-99 they made a few changes to a 1-17 team and made the grey cup and won it the following year Big changes doesnt win games small calculated changes over a period of time is what builds Dynasties.....

this is the main point im trying to make although i do dissagree with the way the ticats do there firing

folks football is a business---bottom line is the win column... for 99% of all coaches in any "professional league" it isnt if you get let go near the end of your career.. but WHEN you get let go...
of course it helps if the head coach WANTS TO STAY AND ISNT POUTING.

Once again, this organization can't do anything without somebody coming on here calling it "classless".

The management had no choice. Clearly they were not prepared on Saturday, and as a result Taffe became a lame duck. They did the right thing.

I assume Charlie will continue to be paid.
8) Oh yes, he will get paid for the rest of this season, plus next year also !!! :lol:

It's common with professional sports coaching contracts to be guaranteed money until the fired coach hires on somewhere else.

They did the right thing I agree.
I will now go to my first game of the year because I think we will see better football from here on. :cowboy:

Completely agree.
5 and 23 and regressing.
Enough said.
Enjoy West Virginia.

I agree...

Mr.Bob Young....Please put this team up for sale!!!!

Other than putting an overgrown TV screen in the stadium and flowers in the washrooms,I'm afraid you've done even worse than Grant and McDonald as an owner!!!

You have been an abyssmal failure.The chaos that has surrounded this team since you have taken over is unprecedented.Your upper management personnel hirings have been nothing short of laughable!Two head coaches,three GM's,and,an abyssmal won/loss record is all this fan needs to see!

Thanks for the effort,but,it's time to admit you have no business owning a professional sports franchise.

Please sell the team before this turns into an Ottawa Roughrider death spiral!!!

I don't understand your addition
by subtraction math, biggie.

The same people still run
our Offence and our Defence

How can you blame Bob Young? he has stuck with this thing and put money into it definetely not getting it back. I for one hope he sticks with this thing until it is a winner, he deserves it and so do we.

Bob Young is the precise reason this will NOT ever be an Ottawa death spiral.