On the bright side...

Since I'm sure we could all use a little good news... :lol:

They were showing the projected numbers for each running back this season during the Calgary game last night, and apparently Whitlock is projected to rush for 1,052 yards.

Can anyone remember the last time Edmonton had a running back hit 1,000 yards? I hope Whitlock does it. It'd be a nice little positive on an otherwise disappointing season.

He's 240 yards shy of the 1,000 mark, so he'll only have to average 48-yards per game. :smiley:

Jim Germany?

I remembered we had Troy Davis for a season, and I could've swore he rushed for 1,000, so I had a look at the stats. Davis rushed for just over 1,000 yards in 2006. In 2003 and 2004, we had Mike Pringle, who also rushed for over 1,000 yards in each year.

It doesn't look like we had a 1,000-yard rusher in 2005, 2007, and 2008.

It's kind of ridiculous how little consistency we've had at running back these last few years... It seems like we have a new running back each season.

In 2007, we had Tyler Ebell. In 2008, we had AJ Harris and Calvin McCarty. This season we have Arkee Whitlock (can't really say McCarty since he's only had 4 rushes in the last two months).

Anyone remember who are running back was for 2005?

Anyone know who are running back will be for 2010? :lol:

Well, i will fully congradulate Arkee when he reaches the milestone, he is one of the few gems of the team, despite having the rocky start, i hope this guy stays with the Esks for a long time,

PS,
RELEASE LUMSDEN
i could last longer than him... i think a 3 year old child with a brain disfunction, who is also blind could last more than 8 and a half minutes on the football field... LMAO

hang up the cleats lumsdun... your dead, gone and forgotten to the CFL

I also hope they release Lumsden. We don't need him. Arkee Whitlock, when he isn't suffering from the fumbles, is a decent back, and so is McCarty. Hell, McCarty could probably start. So I sort of see Lumsden as a third wheel. I seriously doubt he'll ever last a full season. Just release him.

And Whitlock needs to continue running the ball well and get over the fumbles because it'd be nice for us to have a back last more than a season.

An interesting article on the homepage.

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/article/whitlock-sets-sights-on-1-000-yards]http://www.cfl.ca/article/whitlock-sets ... -000-yards[/url]

It's nice to see Whitlock and the O-Line come together to try and hit this mark. Shows some nice team unity. It'd definitely give the team something to celebrate, and it could also provide a little stability at running back, something Edmonton hasn't had in the last decade. Whitlock is only 25, so as long as he can overcome the fumbling problems (or at least to into an AP-type player), then I could see him sticking around for another 2-4 seasons.

I wonder how he will do in cold weather , that should be a good test .

A huge game for Whitlock tonight, including a 53-yard run for a TD. He now sits at 943 yards. Barring any unforeseen accidents, he'll hit 1,000 yards without question.

And hopefully I won't jinx him (knock on wood), he hasn't fumbled the ball in his last four games.

A big game by him tonight (about the only bright spot for this offence tonight). He's officially topped 1,000 yards. Congrats to him. :wink:

See Chief I told you he would be a Gem , Nice to see your warming up to him .

GOOD GAME FOR ARKEE........ AS USUAL OFFENCE DIDNT SHOW UP ... DEFENCE WAS IN IT .FOR A WHILE........CORSSOVER IS THE BEST THEY CAN DO NOW.......MIGHT AS WELL LOSE TO T.O. STOP THE PAIN........
DEFENCE HAS BEEN REVAMPED .DIDNT DO ANY GOOD NEED NEW DEFENCE NEXT YEAR ON BOTH OFFENSIVE & DEFENSIVE SIDES .. MIGHT AS WELL START A RE BUILD........ LOVE RICKY BUT HIS DAYS ARE DONE .. GET JARED GOING .HE'LL BE AWESOME........... ALL TEAMS HAVE BAD TIMES. SHIT HAPPENS...BUT THIS TEAM NEEDS AN OVERHAUL..... GOTTA GET RID OF MR MACHOKYA ......... NOTHING BUT LOSING SINCE HE ARRIVED.. HALL IS OK, NEED TO GIVE HIM MORE TIME ..... STRASSER?? WTF HE'S GONE...... DALY?? HE'S GONE........... NEED NEW COACHES .... GET RID OF MOST OF THE OLD GUYS (VETERANS ) & START FROM SCRATCH........ WE HAVE ALL THESE VETRANS WITH ALL THIS SO CALLED EXPERIENCE..... ANY PAY OFFS THIS YEAR?? NO ....... JASON GOSS.... BYE....... KAMAU // BYE .....(SORRY BUDDY)....... KABONGO?? BYE DUDE... HA HA HA FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 5 YEARS WE HAVE A DECENT CREW AT RUNNING BACK... KEEP THEM ('CEPT JESSE OMFG WHAT A JOKE HE IS)......QB NEXT YEAR ..... JARED....... KEEP PARKER . ELLIOT RICHARDSON.. HE WILL COME ALONG WELL .. MO LLOYD...KEEP STAMPS ....DUH KEEP.(ONLY GUY THAT CAN CATCH A BALL THIS SEASIN)..HOPEFULLY GET CAMPBELL BACK FROM THE NFL??? ....... MO MANN ... KEEP HIM... # 88 SORRY GUY LOVE YA BUT BYE BYE....... MO MANN ?? IM ON THE FENCE HERE..... RECTOR?? BYE BYE..... BARNES !! THIS GUY HAS POTENTIEAL KEEP HIM...........
MAAS ?? SORRY JASON WE NEED A BACK UP........START JARED KEEP RICKY AS A BACK UP.................ON THE UPSIDE?? WE DIDNT LOSE BY 2 0R 3 TONIGHT ......... :slight_smile: NOT TOTALLY SURPRISED BY THE WHOLE TEAM THIS YEAR BUT THEY STARTED OFF BETTER THAN WE EXPECTED THEN FELL TO WHERE WE ANTICIPATED..... LONG STORY SHORT>>?? NEEDS WORK BUT I STILL LOVE MY EVIL EMPIRE ....... :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: