On moving forward (please read, all Cats fans)

No actually it’s not like that. Whoever wants to scroll through pages and pages of inflammatory nonsense is more than welcome to.

Some of us come on here to read intelligent football posts or to share a laugh with fellow Ti-Cat fans.

4 Likes

This thread started out as a reasonable appeal but degenerated into just more passive agressive complaining and moping.

I dont like this.

1 Like

No. Thats not good enough. I need my dislikes and hangups validated by others and that means they need to be banned by mods and made an example of . Only then can I feel good about myself.

1 Like

You got yourself banned. Nothing to do with me. Whover wants to read your posts is more than welcome to. I’m all for Free Speech.

I just want a properly functioning IGNORE feature.

1 Like

We had one years ago. Then people who pretended to use it would post “I was told about something, something and I couldnt remain silent any longer” etc, I know you would never ever pull this but Im just saying some would.
Its not enough to be offended. Other people must know youre offended.

2 Likes

Back on topic: disagree without getting personal. And that includes bringing up the past. If we're not able to put the past behind us, nothing will ever change. Whatever disagreements you've had with other members, leave them in the past and move on. This is football, not life and death. We're here to talk football with each other in a civil manner. Period.

5 Likes

I was referring to society in general these days not specifically this forum. I am in full agreement with your last sentence but I’m finding it harder to do.

2 Likes

It gets pretty intense in this forum. We’re a small city with no
other pro teams ( sorry im not counting soccer and lacrosse) and live and die with the outcomes of the team.

We’ve been waiting a long time for this team to succeed and the longer that takes the more frustrated everyone gets with the players, management, ownership, and each other. Some of the back and forth and difference of opinions makes this a really interesting place. But it can become a bit of a snake pit too when we take this shat too seriously.

You can’t control what people will write here. All you can control is your reaction to it. The players, management and ownership are big boys, they sign up for both the glory and the pain and it’s not our job to always defend them. Try as you might people hold certain opinions and you will not change them. So don’t always engage. Let it go sometimes. Put down the phone. Go for a walk. Even talk to your family.

I’m as guilty as anyone for taking this place too seriously and spend way too much time here to catch up on the latest signing, rumour yada yada. We’re really addicts just in a different sense of what we feed off of.

I’m going to make an effort to dial it back - after free agency frenzy of course.

By the way fully agree with d&p on locking the Masoli thread. After 6 years I think we’ve heard all the opinions many times over and we just keep talking in circles over the same arguments. As he said, football, not life and death.

7 Likes

Totally agree with ya there Schweinhund .
Spoken like a true bastard :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you old pig dog you !!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks Bobo! As long as I’m not a rat bastard.

3 Likes

Where did you get a picture of my dog ? :dog: :pig_nose: :rofl:

1 Like

Your dog? That’s my mom.

1 Like

I bet she makes good schnitzel. :smile:

2 Likes

That’s a nasty case of ‘PigSnout’ your dog has Bobo. Luckily you can avoid costly vet bills by treating him with Oinkment.

6 Likes

I had family visiting this weekend for the first time in two years so I had no opportunity or appetite for moderating this weekend. I appreciate D&P addressing this latest blow up. Two posters have had timeouts for personal attacks this weekend. Sometimes a break is all you need and I'm hoping they come back a bit relaxed. As Schweinhund said, maybe dial back after free agency if you feel yourself getting heated. Maybe the block feature is the answer - it's a bit of a shame.

6 Likes

Sometimes family visiting for the weekend makes things worse…

4 Likes

@Krisiun & All who have been asking about the "block" feature.

If you want to ignore a user and their messages and stuff, go to their user page, then click on the button below "message" then choose "ignored".

This should also block PMs from them too.

5 Likes

What I would like to know is how to contact the moderator. Last year I was accosted in vile fashion for responding to a different poster who had asked my opinion. I was called all sorts of names which, based on my profession, does not bother me, however, because this is a recreational site, I decided that I would not tolerate such behavior and have stopped posting, with one or two exceptions. So please tell me, because I want to file a complaint and have that jackass thrown out. Thank you, whether you can or cannot help.

5 Likes

You can report any post that you feel constitutes a violation of the forum rules. Once it’s been reported, a moderator will take a look and determine whether they agree with the report and what, if any, action to take. If you think you have faced verbal abuse on the forum, I strongly encourage you to report the offending posts. This forum should be a place where people can talk football without being personally attacked.

Really .

1 Like