On moving forward (please read, all Cats fans)

And right on queue the two biggest playground bullies stop by to tell me I’m wrong. It took just a few minutes, you guys never miss a beat…

5 Likes

So youre saying “I dont post here anymore”. “All the negativity is driving/people away” might not actually be a thing ?

1 Like

Read this thread from the start. Its all been said before and adressed.
Complaining and rehashing old arguments about moderation isnt constructive or helpful.

That’s not saying much.

1 Like

Someone disagreeing with you is not bullying. That’s a fairly simple distinction that I want everyone to understand.

If you think I or any other moderator is going to ban a member for disagreeing with another member, you are mistaken.

Read the rules, act within their scope, and report posts that violate the forum rules. Otherwise, we can all put on our big boy/girl pants and learn to get along.

1 Like

I would think posts that are disagreeing every time in a condescending tone (you can tell from the wording) and if it’s that way with most posts from that particular poster…is in fact bullying. Telling someone to put on their “big boy/girl pants” is also condescending especially for a mod.

4 Likes

Isn't there enough negativity going on in the world right now!
I would like to think coming on here to cohort with people with the same passion for the CFL and sports in general could somehow be more enjoyable if we tried a bit harder
Kumbaya

6 Likes

Condescension isn’t a violation of the forum rules. Please get this straight and stop going on about things that aren’t actually forum violations. You posted an opinion. Someone disagreed with you, which they’re allowed to do. Asking mods to ban them for disagreement is unproductive and off-topic. If you don’t like someone’s tone, don’t reply to their posts. Or put them on your Ignore list. If we start banning for tone, we’ll have no one left here, and no one wants that. Also, tone is a difficult thing to pin down in written communication.

I’m telling you to put on your adult pants because you are persistently dragging threads off-topic, and I’m frankly tired of having to put out fires because you refuse to understand that what you’re reporting is not a violation of the Code of Conduct. Bullying is a real problem in the world. Please don’t cheapen it by using it in contexts where it has no application.

I’m done replying here, by the way. If I see more off-topic posts, I’ll delete them and issue silencings.

Doesnt take much

From vocabulary.com
Condescension is an insulting way of talking to other people, as if they were stupid or ignorant. Condescension is rude and patronizing.

Treating someone with condescension is the opposite of treating them with respect. Condescension is full of arrogant and snooty attitude, and people who practice condescension treat others like inferior idiots. Sarcasm goes well with condescension if you’re trying to be a jerk. You can almost hear the word descent in condescension , so think of someone acting all high and mighty, looking down at everyone else…

This quote from the web site pretty well sums up how we sometimes feel. You’ve obviously never experienced this in real life. I have and it was from a superior (a VP) who was condescending in a meeting with 15 others peers. A bully trying to prove he was smarter than the rest of us in that room.

4 Likes

Would quoting the meaning of a word assuming others couldn’t comprehend it fall under this category

1 Like

If you reread the post you’ll see that condescending words are a violation of the rules related to respect. That’s why I posted the definition. I don’t understand why your trying to spin it in another way.

1 Like

I find people quoting definitions condesending

1 Like

Condescending and disrespectful. Arrogant even. Totally agree. Great post.

1 Like

No, the word “Really” isn’t by itself offensive, but how you use it. It depends on the context. In your case, the system hid the post as it was flagged enough times until a mod or admin reviewed it.

I took a look at it just now and restored it.

I want to correct this. There isn’t a different set of rules for each section since the TiCats sections are part of CFL Forums.

The rules are here and supercedes any previous versions - Official Forum Rules **PLEASE READ BEFORE JOINING/POSTING**

I would invite you to PM @MattL91 with your concerns as it sounds like it’s been a long term problem. At least we can listen, and see what we can help with.

The best immediate step would be ignoring users you don’t want to see or hear by following the instructions here - On moving forward (please read, all Cats fans) - #38 by K-Max

That’s great!

We’ve had our fun with “really” :grinning:

While we do understand what the defnition of condescending is, it would be unreasonable if we enforced Rule 3 strictly based on dictionary defnitions.

The staff take into account human factors, context, was the comment positive or negative or sarcastic or toxic? Also everyone judges different but we try for some level of consistency.

If you disagree with a mod decision or you feel you’re getting nowhere, you are free to PM an admin about it with stuff to support your points of concern.

And with that. I'm going to lock this thread as I think there's nothing more to add.

We always welcome your feedback. Post it in the feedback forum - Forum News, Feedback and Housekeeping - CFL Forums

It all flared up with really and I will end it. YA RLY.

1 Like