Omar Morgan signs with Edmonton

My worst fear is has come true, TSN is reporting that Omar Morgan has signed with the Edmonton Eskimos. IMO his is a huge blow to the Riders defence. Let's hope Prof. Ritchie Hall can fill in the hole. It will be holes if the rumors about Davin Bush are true.

This is terrible news for our secondary.

We better resign Bush or we won't be going very far this season.

Well now were back to thinking we have alot of work to do in getting our team to win when all we had to do to make it seem alot better was to sign at least one of them but....of course not and I'm pissed off now.

ARRRGGGGG

Seya Omar. You have been one of my favorites for the Riders ever. I was hoping you were gonna stay in the green and white forever. I guess we might have to get used to this.

ya im choked, i was really hoping and wishing Omar would resign with us. well tillman shows he can sign receivers now lets see how is at signing some guys that will cover them, tillman's report card for me will be based on how he handles the loss of omar and possibly and most likely Daven

How many times must you be told Bush is a bomber. The riders are now going to be the best team in the league to stink out a joint. Because tilman wouldn't give them an extra 10 gran each! ha ha ...loosers. Clovis is still left for now, but he's still looking. Tilman couldn't sign anyone of your big free agents, brings in ottawa palyers, cuts or doesn't re-sign Shivers talented players.

redstallion, I haven't seen anything on cfl.ca or the bombers website about the bush signing. Was it in the Winnipeg newspaper?
Could you please provide the link where you found this information because I haven't seen anything so far that makes it official.

Anyways, now that Omar is gone what do you guys think will be done to improve our secondary? Will we bring in NFL cuts or draft someone in the cfl draft now that most of the good CFL free agents are gone?

Let's hope Tillman wakes up and gets us one or two good DB's instead of signing more receivers.

IMO if Bush signs with the bumber :lol: just another over paid bum over there doin nothin just like there QB :lol:

wow

y Ed Tait

THE Winnipeg Blue Bombers didn't wait long to fill the void in their secondary left by the departure of Stanford Samuels.

And they sure didn't have to look too far.

The Bombers have signed defensive halfback Davin Bush (5-foot-8, 165; Central Florida), a capable and consistent member of the Saskatchewan Roughriders' air defence over the past six years.

"The Blue Bombers are a great team," said Bush Saturday from Florida. "I thought they were just a few plays away from going to the championship game.

"It's a plus for me to go there. It's a good team and so there won't be a lot of pressure on me to go in there. I can just do what I do: make plays. They already have a good defence and they play the same kind of defence as Saskatchewan."

Bush has missed just three games in the last four years and can play both corner and halfback. Many Bomber fans remember him being scorched by Milt Stegall, but that was the lowlight in what has been a solid career.

"He got burned by Milt in that one game, but ever since then he's become a very consistent player," said Bomber GM Brendan Taman. "I tried to get him two years ago when he was free."

Ironically, Bush and Samuels are both from Davie, Fla. and have known each other for years. Bush is 29 while Samuels is 26.

"That is weird how it ended up," said Bush. "But the way I look at it, it's just business."

MORE ANGER: Mike Abou-Mechrek wanted to finish his career in Southern Ontario. Instead, he's headed further west from Winnipeg to Saskatchewan.

"I've never made it a secret that I wanted to play in either Toronto or Hamilton," said Abou-Mechrek.

"I'm less than 25 minutes from Ivor Wynne Stadium and the Argos practise at the end of my street and you hang a left. But I've been snubbed by these two teams for nine years now. They're my new Montreal. I never wanted Montreal to ever win a game... now Hamilton and Toronto are my new Montreal."

LEFTOVERS: Taman has spoken to the agent for free agent LB Ike Charlton and the two parties will continue talks. Winnipeg has also made inquiries about Calgary DB Pascal Masson, although he is said to be leaning toward the Alouettes.
By Ed tait

FREE AGENT negotiations can be blissful and they can be bitter. And seldom does a CFL team not experience a bit of both at this time of year, with the talent market open and the dollar signs being tossed around.

Case in point: we give you the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, who saw Stanford Samuels and Mike Abou-Mechrek officially exit on Saturday after they both had hoped to remain in Blue and Gold.

Samuels, a versatile corner/halfback who could be an all-star if he stays healthy, is now an Edmonton Eskimo after contract talks with the Bombers took a nasty twist. And Abou-Mechrek agreed to a deal with the Saskatchewan Roughriders after they made him a more lucrative offer than the Bomb Squad.

"I was just thinking about Winnipeg," Abou-Mechrek said Saturday from his home in Toronto. "Back in '99 when I got there I was, 'Man, Winnipeg... this place sucks.' And then... years later I'm going, 'Winnipeg... I love that place.' My daughter was born in Winnipeg. I did the single guy in Winnipeg for three years and I did the married guy with a kid in Winnipeg for two years. It's (crappy) that I'm leaving.

"It can be a dirty business sometimes. I don't want to paint (GM) Brendan (Taman) as the bad guy here. It was close. But it's not just about me now, I've got a family."

Negotiations with Samuels, it seems, weren't nearly as cut and dried. Both parties agree the discussions broke down on Friday around the same time the Eskimos made an inquiry about his services. And although the Bombers would later match Edmonton's offer, Samuels had already made a verbal commitment to the Esks.

Reached at his home in Florida Saturday, Samuels made no secret he wanted to remain a Bomber. But he had concerns/questions about their offer and held off signing it after discussions with a representative from the CFL Players' Association.

And he bristled at Taman's suggestions they already had an agreement in principle.

"Man, there was no place in Canada that I would rather play than in Winnipeg," began Samuels. "But I refuse to play the nice guy when I feel like I'm being picked and plucked at. They put it on me... calling me a snake or whatever.

"I understand this is a business. I know that you could end up dealing with the same people at another time. But at the same time, if it came down to me and Brendan dealing again three or four years down the road he knows he can't sit across the table and feel totally innocent or feel like he got dicked in this."

"My problem with it is if you leave it as, 'It's business' without saying anything about the tactics then I won't say anything either. But when you come out and challenge my integrity... as a man, all you have is your word. Basically, he's challenging my manhood and using me as a scapegoat for his shortcomings in the negotiations. Well, OK then, we're going to put everything on the table. Every person who knows me will believe my story when it comes out because they know how I am.

"It's very upsetting. I was under the assumption this would be dealt with as a family, not as a business. It's another lesson learned."

Taman, who immediately stepped up negotiations with Roughrider defensive back Davin Bush and quickly signed him after the talks with Samuels went south, offered up this defence:

"I'll say this, if there was a problem or an issue with our offer, he never expressed that to me," said Taman. "If there was a problem or he felt like he was getting screwed, tell me. Don't send me a text message Friday morning saying I'd have my contract by nine. I mean, he had it for a week. Pick up the phone and ask me about it. "I'm not an idiot. And when a guy is stalling the way he was stalling I knew there were problems. It doesn't take a Mensa member to see he wanted to see what was out there for him. And that's fine. I have no problem with that. But don't tell me you're sending it back...

FREE AGENT negotiations can be blissful and they can be bitter. And seldom does a CFL team not experience a bit of both at this time of year, with the talent market open and the dollar signs being tossed around.

Case in point: we give you the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, who saw Stanford Samuels and Mike Abou-Mechrek officially exit on Saturday after they both had hoped to remain in Blue and Gold.

Samuels, a versatile corner/halfback who could be an all-star if he stays healthy, is now an Edmonton Eskimo after contract talks with the Bombers took a nasty twist. And Abou-Mechrek agreed to a deal with the Saskatchewan Roughriders after they made him a more lucrative offer than the Bomb Squad.

"I was just thinking about Winnipeg," Abou-Mechrek said Saturday from his home in Toronto. "Back in '99 when I got there I was, 'Man, Winnipeg... this place sucks.' And then... years later I'm going, 'Winnipeg... I love that place.' My daughter was born in Winnipeg. I did the single guy in Winnipeg for three years and I did the married guy with a kid in Winnipeg for two years. It's (crappy) that I'm leaving.

"It can be a dirty business sometimes. I don't want to paint (GM) Brendan (Taman) as the bad guy here. It was close. But it's not just about me now, I've got a family."

Negotiations with Samuels, it seems, weren't nearly as cut and dried. Both parties agree the discussions broke down on Friday around the same time the Eskimos made an inquiry about his services. And although the Bombers would later match Edmonton's offer, Samuels had already made a verbal commitment to the Esks.

Reached at his home in Florida Saturday, Samuels made no secret he wanted to remain a Bomber. But he had concerns/questions about their offer and held off signing it after discussions with a representative from the CFL Players' Association.

And he bristled at Taman's suggestions they already had an agreement in principle.

"Man, there was no place in Canada that I would rather play than in Winnipeg," began Samuels. "But I refuse to play the nice guy when I feel like I'm being picked and plucked at. They put it on me... calling me a snake or whatever.

"I understand this is a business. I know that you could end up dealing with the same people at another time. But at the same time, if it came down to me and Brendan dealing again three or four years down the road he knows he can't sit across the table and feel totally innocent or feel like he got dicked in this."

"My problem with it is if you leave it as, 'It's business' without saying anything about the tactics then I won't say anything either. But when you come out and challenge my integrity... as a man, all you have is your word. Basically, he's challenging my manhood and using me as a scapegoat for his shortcomings in the negotiations. Well, OK then, we're going to put everything on the table. Every person who knows me will believe my story when it comes out because they know how I am.

"It's very upsetting. I was under the assumption this would be dealt with as a family, not as a business. It's another lesson learned."

Taman, who immediately stepped up negotiations with Roughrider defensive back Davin Bush and quickly signed him after the talks with Samuels went south, offered up this defence:

"I'll say this, if there was a problem or an issue with our offer, he never expressed that to me," said Taman. "If there was a problem or he felt like he was getting screwed, tell me. Don't send me a text message Friday morning saying I'd have my contract by nine. I mean, he had it for a week. Pick up the phone and ask me about it. "I'm not an idiot. And when a guy is stalling the way he was stalling I knew there were problems. It doesn't take a Mensa member to see he wanted to see what was out there for him. And that's fine. I have no problem with that. But don't tell me you're sending it back...

[url=http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/football/story/3885148p-4493352c.html]http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports ... 3352c.html[/url]

Alright, that confirms our fears. :expressionless:

Just like ar QB hmmmmmm he gets payed 30,00 less then KJ and 7years youngers and there both still developing who would you rather have????

KJ OF COURSE :roll: BETTER QB ALL ROUND :cowboy: