Olympics 2022 - anyone care?

Given China issues, I am not wanting to be interested at all, but I just cant help myself.

Will be following Hockey and Curling. Maybe some figure skating if my wife has anything to say about it, and she does :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ice hockey and bobsledding here, only.

4 Likes

I really like the skiing, bobsledding, curling, etc.
I'm expecting a good medal haul for our athletes!
:canada:
:1st_place_medal:

4 Likes

You won't get to see any of those events in their entirety. You'll get ambushed with human interest stories in their place.

2 Likes

Canโ€™t wait for curling :curling_stone: seeing as they will be held in the highest profile venue the sport has ever been held in.

Yes, you can.

And you will; you have no say in the matter.

I have never had an interest in the Olympics, regardless of where it is staged.

1 Like

Hockey (Men and Women) for me.

1 Like

I used to watch as much as I could in previous Olympics years ago. Now, half the time I forget when it is on.

I still enjoy the hockey. Some of the trick skiing.

2 Likes

No ...hit it boys ...

2 Likes

On this note that has been all too true for decades and more every expletive four years on the coverage, more bathroom or beer breaks or simply something else.

Otherwise I'm with you on the hockey and the bobsled plus I like the skiing, but as nowadays they make it harder to watch unless it's human interest BS, often political propaganda of some flavour, as well as all that figure skating nope, not doing it plus I will leave off what I have really felt about the CCP for decades not merely recently.

2 Likes

I will be watching. For the most part, sports that only get some spotlight every 4 years.
And a good portion of the athletes there for the love of the sport.

1 Like

one thing for sure, I be bypassing the opening and closing ceremonies. My very small inconsequential way of giving the finger to China.

2 Likes

If you want to see a specific event in its entirety (rules explained in depth), you have to subscribe to some cable channel.

Like does anyone know how the order for racing in the bobsled event works? That's never discussed. Is the race order simply pulling team names out of a hat?

Boycotting companies that do and continue to do business with China would be more effective than boycotting the Olympics.

Only the athletes get punished with an Olympic boycott.

3 Likes

boycott? what boycott? Dont think not watching the non medal ceremonies has any ill effect on the athletes

1 Like

Fair enough. I do find ceremonies somewhat un- entertaining.

Maybe, but I sure did like the 2010 ceremonies. Specially KD Lang's performance, and I am not even a fan of her

1 Like

Props for you my good sir๐Ÿป

She's amazing, saw her in concert way back, she really captivates an audience with both her voice, lyrics and delivery.

No NHL players going means I won't be following any of the events. I might spend a few minutes at a time watching hockey, curling, bobsled/luge/skeleton, some of the skiing events and some of the speed skating. I won't be actively checking schedules or results, though.

1 Like