Old Style Tiger Cat defense

Wow! except for the first game of the year, I am more impressed with this defense every game out. We have a basically new D-line, two new linebackers a new corner, and most of the others have been here a short time. Also take into account that Floyd, Adams and Long have been out. We have much more speed, youth and enthusiasm. Obie has also been getting us some depth on the D-line with the likes of McIntyre, Murphy, and Haley. Maybe we're notting getting the sacks but we're doing a good job shutting down the run. This D is tough Hamilton defense of old. Greg Marshall is showing that he is a master DC.
Let's not forget that with the O struggling a bit, the D is spending a lot more time on the field than maybe it should be. This will always wear you down quicker, too. :cowboy:

I agreed with these comments and even in the first game it was only the first quarter. It was solid d since esp in the second half. Second fewest points against. We need to improve in special teams.

I still think our DB's need a little work. Bo Smith is horrible out there, he plays way too far off him guy and teams pick him apart every game.

Bo Smith his horrible, as well as Beveridge, i can’t wait till Barker gets his chance out there at safety.

I didn’t like Gordon last year but this year he seems to be getting better every game.

i can’t wait till be get back Floyd and Adams back. :thup: this defence is only going to get better.

Im glad im not the only one who see’s this…
Id really like to know why they don’t put Bradley in there.

Are you guys insane? They’ve won us 4 games have only given up 14 points in the 4 quarter all year and have done it with a dline that as good as it is, is dead last in sacks in the league. NOONE!!! on this defense needs to or should be replaced.

I dont care what the stats say, do you watch the games…

Are you guys insane? They've won us 4 games have only given up 14 points in the 4 quarter all year and have done it with a dline that as good as it is, is dead last in sacks in the league. NOONE!!! on this defense needs to or should be replaced.
I dont care what the stats say, do you watch the games...
Of course not.

well it doesn’t sound like you do.

I like Bradley and I was sure he’d start. Gordon has really improved his game this year. Bo Smith, I don’t see much of out there. Maybe that is a good thing. He’s kind of low key, I don’t see him getting picked apart. He seems to be quietly doing his job as far as I can tell but he is good when it comes to stopping the run when called upon. i could see him more as a linebacker (not that he should or could replace any we have). Anyhow the coaches haven’t seen any need to replace him in 6 weeks and I’m sure they evaluate these guys better than we do.

As shocking as this might sound, it is possible for someone to have a different opinion than yours.

Crazy, I know.

I am with the good doctor on this one. I think there is nothing wrong with the defensive secondary so far this year. Thompson is an All-Star and Tisdale has scored twice so far this year. Sure Beveridge, Smith, and Gordon aren’t flashy or All-Stars but they are all solid. The key for any secondary is communication and continuity, and I will take our solid group that’s been together for a few seasons, over a group of slightly better athletes that don’t know the CFL or each others tendencies, any day.

But that is just one dude’s opinion.

Those crazy stats you don’t like say our defense has given up 13 points total in the second half of the last 4 games.

• paul

I tend to agree. For sure Thompson and Tisdale are solid at the HB spots.

On the corner, I agree with the previous posters that Gordon has been improved this season and is playing rather well, better than I've seen him previously.

As for Smith, he does not get mentioned much by the announcer/commentator during the game. But for a member of the secondary, that can be a very good thing; it may mean (and often does) that the opposing team is not throwing to whatever receiver he's covering; which means that he 's covering that receiver well so they aren't throwing against him terribly often.