Oilers Sing O Canada

I know this was a topic on the old site and that Bob has made comments to this regard…but…were you watching the Oilers game tonight and heard everyone in the audience sing O Canada.

That was simply amazing. Ever since they booed the Canadian anthem in San Jose Edmonton has really shown repect to both anthems.

The crowd was so loud the the singer stopped to let the entire audience finish it off. That was something else…I’d love to see that at IWS for every game this year.

check it out patriotic from earlier series, fans are loud,watch for joey moss belting it out

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLpuF9UMvk]www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLpuF9UMvk[/url]

see hamilton’s own steve staios at the end? let’s hope ivor wynn can be half that loud this season

I know it gives me goosebumps everytime it happens...One of the best parts of the game for me!!! :smiley:

You won't be seeing that in Montreal or Toronto anytime soon.

I don't mean to toot our own horn here but I've heard many a rendition of O'Canada sang by the Ticat fans at IWS that made me proud to be a Canadian.

What the Edmonton fans are doing, while being totally awesome is nothing new in Canadian sports arena's.

Go to a Toronto Rock game and you'll hear our song sang just as loud and proud as it is in Hamilton.

Good job on Edmonton for representing Canadians and their city with honour pride and dignity. I'm glad they've joined CFL fans in sharing the same feelings for their game and cities.

Jare

My son, 27 and also a football fanatic, called me last night just before the game to make sure I had heard about the Steelers QB Roethlisberger and his motorcylce accident. After a short conversation he said "I have to go now". I asked why and he said "I DON'T WANT TO MISS THE NATIONAL ANTHEMS"! This from someone who never really stood much on cermony.

Wow!

That was great! Thanks for sharing!

Great moment but did anyone notice the Mighty Duck goaltender in his crease just before the end of the video?

Derrell

That was truly inspiring. Thanks for posting it emms1 I was working and missed it. Little things like that make me proud to be Canadian.

I do remember a time like that at IWS about 10 years ago the singers mic went out and the crowd all 16,000 strong finished it for him and it was really nice.

When our National Anthem is sung loudly and proudly it puts a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye thinking about what it means.
A high price was paid for our freedom and it really irritates me when I see folks who disrespect the anthem.

:thup:

or unappreciate our freedom.

Thanks: That was amazing. I always sing the Anthem whenever I hear it. That video brought a tear to my eye. Hey Bob lets have a game that just the fans sing the Anthem. pat_cat

Did a search to find this thread before I started one myself.

Watched game 6 the other night and was thrilled to hear all the Edmonton fnas singing the anthem. The person that was suppose to sing it, started off then just held the mic out. It was GREAT. :thup: :thup:

Wish we could do the same.

Have always been a little disappointed that more fans don't sing and at the ones that leave their hats on. :thdn:

GO HURRICANES

Congratulations, Bob, on your "adopted" home's hockey team winning the Stanley Cup !!

Up next: another championship cup for your original home town, on November 19th....

CANES WIN!