Oh, Riders, now you're just embarrassing yourselves...

Apparently the Roughriders are now trying to troll Ottawa fans....

http://www.thesnap.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CMTGoS_UkAA_nFG.jpg

(The bottom image is simply Ottawa's response)

Now considering how Ottawa's games are sold out, and the fans are pretty solidly behind the team, the billboard makes absolutely no sense...

Chances are that that money was spent months ago and had the Riders known they would be 0-7 and the guys they stole their name from would be above 500 they would have chosen otherwise

The Rider aren’t likely to try that in Hamilton, probably because that billboard would be tagged by Keenur before it was even up.

If it gets you guys talking about it then it did it’s job, it’s called advertising.

Ottawa should have called themselves the Real Riders. :cowboy:

...I always thought if I bought something then advertising did it's job, and if I purposefully diverted funds away from a specific product/service then said advertising sort of failed...I'd like to know if someone in Ottawa saw this sign and then had a epiphany that they had to change team allegiance...I somehow doubt it...

Or Saskatchewan fans suddenly realising that their team is dropping by.

I know that sort of thing can be good for rivalries and such, but that one fails because it’s not appropriate for the situation. Ottawa has sold out numerous times, for every single team. Pretending that there’ll be some question as to who the home team is doesn’t even make sense as a joke or a poke. It would have worked better in Toronto (though my understanding is that they’ve done the same in Winnipeg in Edmonton, so probably every city gets the “honour”).

:oops: :wink: I hear rumour that if the losing streak goes any longer that they are thinking of changing Gainers name from

Gopher to Opher :lol: As in 0 for 8 after this weeks game with the Stamps !! :stuck_out_tongue: :cowboy:

Interesting that the game on the 30th in Ottawa was sold out 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, I never bought into the "if you read it, then it worked" argument.

But getting to a more serious note, has anyone seen Turkey? Maybe someone should check the local hospitals or slum bars. :stuck_out_tongue:

:rockin: :cowboy: 8) 8) 8) 8)

Riders will Ressurect themselves this weekend. Mark my Words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :lol: :rockin: :cowboy:

:rockin: :cowboy: 8) 8) 8) 8)

Riders will Ressurect themselves this weekend. Mark my Words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :lol: :rockin: :cowboy:

turkeybend where've ya been? Thought maybe you'd got stuck in a watermelon and couldn't get out. :lol:

I've been seeing Rider ads like this on billboards across the country since 2004. I've seen Rider ads across the street from rival stadiums since 2006. It's just Ottawa's turn. You've been tagged because you're back in the club now. :thup:

I saw one during the Renegades days. If I recall correctly, it just said "we walk among you". It was a few blocks down from the stadium, on a bus shelter.

I get why they do it and that it's not unique to us, just that as friendly jabs go, that one doesn't really work.

Sometimes it's the other teams doing the Razzing as this Billboard from a few years back will attest to 8) :cowboy:

http://storage.winnipegsun.com/v1/blogs-prod-photos/d/4/6/d/a/d46da909402bbb76bce497ea67eeda58.jpg?stmp=1314990450

In the not too embarrassing dept., the Riders announced earlier this week that Saturday's game was a sellout, with all 33,478 tickets being sold. That's pretty impressive for a 0-7 team, no? :thup:

Yes !!!! I've got to admit that is pretty impressive :thup: Good on all you Rider fans for this sellout. You got to ask yourself how many fan bases would come out and support an 0-7 team ? The only time you usually see a sellout for a team with a bad record regardless is perhaps in a Labour Day Classic match-up when the two teams W/L records don't really matter as opposed to the rivalry between the two teams does. Once Again CONGRATS Saskatchewan on a job well done. :rockin:

It's the Hall of Fame game and a couple of former Riders are being inducted so of course it has sold out.

Oh ya , I forgot about it being the HOF game :oops: Ah well think on the bright side, if the game is a blowout at half time in favour of the Stamps then they can all watch the ceremonies and then beat the traffic and head on home before the second half starts. :cowboy: