***OFFICIAL: Paopao a TI-CAT

...YOU'RE ALL GUESSING ...including myself...I'll guarantee Denny Creehan IS STILL IN THE MIX.....the three guys mentioned are the musings picked up off a radio talk show host....the same guy who said we had Brian Clark all signed up....ehem....wrong....NOBODY will no for sure who it is till it is officially announced...and I will further say....WE can't lose with any of them for that matter ....we'll see ...I would prefer to see Creehan hired as he would definitely improve our D.... and if he ain't the guy....the others are all strong candidates.....as for the interview statement....our paper quoted Creehan as saying he would 'like to be interviewed last because early applicants seem to be forgotten quickly....now you can draw what ever you want from that....and I would say he definitely got the shaft from Cal....partly why he reserved the right to get out of there if he was hired by the Bombers.. :wink:

ya what are u talking about RedandWhite? in Saturdays free press it said Creehan was a strong candidate for head coach.The 3 were Berry, Creehan, and Austin. those are the top 3.

...hey, don't call me out, I just posted the TSN article, a real one this time, not a loony one made up in my fried brain......and this afternoon as I was ripping down the deerfoot the FAN960 reitterated that Creehan was't talking anymore and the final three were the ones mentioned int he TSN article.......I realise how hungry you BB fans are for any scrap of good news, been there done that from 2002 to 2004, but give it up already, all reports today are saying Denny is staying in Calgary......

...yeah but RedandWhite...I just said whatever the media has put out there today is sheer speculation....unless Creehan has come out publicly and said he has been dropped from the running ...I wouldn;t believe it.....T.O media has Kent Austin already cleaning out his desk and headed for his new digs in the Peg.....I won't believe anything until the guy is officially announced by the Bomber brass.... :arrow:

......true enough, when the fat lady sings, then it will be so......

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats are excited to announce that the team has added Joe Paopao and Kani Kauahi to their coaching staff and has extended the contracts of Head Coach Greg Marshall and Defensive Co-ordinator Kavis Reed.

Paopao joins the Ticats as Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Co-ordinator while Kauahi becomes the Offensive Line Coach.

“Getting all the important pieces in place was something we wanted to do right away,� said General Manager Rob Katz. “We wanted to give our coaching staff an entire off-season to work together toward next year. Our organization is extremely excited to add Joe and Kani to our team.�

Paopao spent the past four seasons as Head Coach of the Ottawa Renegades where he also served one season as the club’s Director of Football Operations (2004) and one season as the club’s General Manager (2005). Prior to joining the Renegades, Paopao held coaching positions with the B.C. Lions, Edmonton Eskimos, Winnipeg Blue Bombers and the XFL’s San Francisco Demons.

The longtime Oceanside, California resident enjoyed an 11-year CFL career as quarterback before joining the coaching ranks. During his playing career, Paopao completed 1,721 of 3,008 pass attempts for 22,474 yards and 117 touchdowns with five teams.

“From a personal standpoint, I have a great deal of respect for these two coaches. It’s great to have both Joe and Kani join our staff,� said Marshall. “Joe brings a tremendous amount of CFL experience and has the admiration of everyone around the league. Kani is a veteran coach whose passion and insight will benefit our entire team, especially our offensive line.�

Kauahi joins the Ticats after a four-year stint with Paopao in Ottawa where he served as the Renegades’ Assistant Head Coach, Offensive Co-ordinator and Offensive Line Coach last season. The Hawaiian has previously held coaching positions with the B.C. Lions and the XFL’s San Francisco Demons. Kauahi spent 10 seasons in the NFL as an offensive lineman and long snapper with four teams.

Marshall just completed his second year at the helm of the Ticats. In 2004, Marshall was named the CFL’s Coach of the Year after leading Hamilton to their first playoff berth in three seasons. In 2004, Marshall became the first person to ever jump directly to the CFL from CIS football, where he compiled a 42-12-2 record as head coach of the McMaster University football team in seven seasons (1997-2003) while earning four Yates Cup victories, two OUA Coach of the Year awards and one CIS Coach of the Year award. Marshall also spent 13 seasons with the University of Western Ontario in various capacities after a notable playing career in which he earned the Hec Crighton Trophy with Western in 1980 before playing three seasons with the Edmonton Eskimos.

“We started something two years ago that I fully intend to see through until the finish. I’m proud to be the head coach of the Tiger-Cats and I am pleased with the strides we have already made this year to improve ourselves,“ Marshall noted. “The next couple of years are going to be very exciting and I am genuinely thrilled to be a part of that.�

Reed joined the Tiger-Cats as defensive co-ordinator in January of 2004 following two seasons with the Ottawa Renegades where he filled the role of Defensive Backs Coach. Reed spent the 2001 season with the Toronto Argonauts as their Defensive Backs Coach.

“Kavis is certainly one of the league’s brightest young coaches,� said Marshall. “He’s a talented defensive teacher. We’re glad he is returning in 2006.�

Reed joined the coaching ranks after an impressive career as a defensive back with the Edmonton Eskimos. During his four-year playing tenure, Reed recorded 205 defensive tackles and 20 interceptions in 67 games, earning recognition as a CFL All-Star and a West Division All-Star in 1997.

“Continuity and cohesiveness are the strengths of all great defensive units,� said Reed. “We have started building a special group in Hamilton and we are only going to get better. I am very excited to be back in the mix and associated with what I believe to be a very talented defence.�

Hamilton Fans - I hope you like the shovel pass! You'll be seeing a lot of it.