Official Head Coach suggestions thread:

I've been asking everyone who is, or has ever been connected to the CFL for names of possible head coaches. We are determined to find one who can lead us back to the top of the standings.

It has just occured to me that I haven't asked you guys.

There have been a few threads with some names put forward, but while we continue to search, I want to make sure there isn't someone we are overlooking.

Preferably someone with some CFL coaching experience, but don't let even that limit your suggestions. Also don't hesitate to re-submit a suggestion you've made in some previous thread.

Please post away!

Charlie Taffe.

Mike Riley.

In order:

1. Rich Stubler (if made available by T.O.)
  2. Charlie Taaffe
  3. Steve Burrato
  4. Danny Barrett

Wildcard: Don Matthews if he were 1)suddenly re-available for one last run and 2) a groomable successor in a couple of years was clearly identifiable within his staff.

Rich Stubler would be my first choice, but Charlie Taaffe would be an outstanding pick in his stead.

Oski Wee Wee,

Me.

I'm bright, young (able to lead the team for a long time), cheap, and have 15 years of armchair CFL coaching experience.

1. Charlie Taafe (sp?)

2. Charlie Taafe (sp?)

3. Charlie Taafe (sp?)

This guy has proven that he can command a team to victory consistently in this league, and he is a very gifted mind when it comes to revving up an offence (exactly what Maas and company...and the offence-starved fans of the Ticats... need)

Frank Kush.

Scotty Bowman

How about "Wolf Blitzer"?

I have no idea whether he knows anything about football, but I've always thought he had a great name for a football coach. (You did ask for names.)

Names to avoid: Indy Scision, Les Gutz, Sneezy MacSpineless, Pastey Crysalot

Why can’t you guys take this somewhat serious? Our owner comes on here and asks for your opinions on who our next head coach should be, and you make it a joke by saying names like: Wolf Blitzer, Scotty Bowman, Yourself, etc. No wonder why the management doesn’t come on here more often and look for suggestions.

Anyways, I believe that we should look at Charlie Taaffe,Steve Burrato,and Danny Barrett(if available).

Mike Riley or Charlie Taaffe both proven leaders and great with young and vet players. Probably will not be able to pry Mike from the states, but Charlie would do just fine Bob!!!!!

Charlie Taaffe, Mike Riley (many people suggesting them)

Tom Clements (someone else here suggested it, he is well qualified, not sure of his interest in returning to the CFL though. He sure knows the game, is a highly intelligent person, got more out of Kordell Stewart in Pittsburgh than anyone else ever did.)

Matt Dunigan (he does have CFL coaching experience, though brief. Many people credit him for getting Calgary started on the road back to competitiveness. Spunky enough to try an open field punt/recovery. It worked too, too bad the officials blew a great call.)

No wonder why the management doesn't come on here more often and look for suggestions.
If management is seriously coming on here for football advice, we are in serious trouble.

You're right of course mycko75. Thing is, I think Bob's not asking for advice, just ideas.

They'll make their own decisions, but it does no harm for Bob to ask for ideas. Who has enough ideas anyway? Who knows, maybe someone will have a great brainwave no one else has thought of. Not me likely, but somebody...

I didn't specifically say football advice. I believe when bob first purchased the team, he created these forums so we can interact with each other and provide out thoughts etc.

I didn't specifically say football advice. I believe when bob first purchased the team, he created these forums so we can interact with each other and provide out thoughts etc.
This thread is about football advice though. If our next HC comes from some Joe Schmoe in the stands and NOT from management, it not the management I want running this team

adam rita
dave ritchie
roy shivers
danny barrett
tracey ham
bob o'billovich

Ken Peters

pete carroll
rich rodriguez
mack brown
june jones
bobby petrino