Official Draft Day Thread

So far so good.

Obie said that these guys were the top ranked guys on our board. Perfect.

There is no guarantee Giguere will be with us in september, but that is a HUGE draft pick. Just think of the coaching and experience he will get from a team with IMO the best receiving corps in the NFL. If he gets cut we will have a well prepared receiver.

This is an absolutely great draft for us so far.

Maybe we can still get Bradwell or Hargroves later on in the draft to fill our needs? Otherwise perhaps they'll go after stephenson if he is still available.

good draft 2 of the prospects that were talked about for #1 overall

Traded #9, drafted Barker and took the flyer on Giguere...I must have had Psychic Flakes this morning! LOL

Obie's handled this perfectly so far. Wow!

Oski Wee Wee,

Please no commenting on the draft, after seeing your mock draft and how things really played out I'm disappointed.

When will the Black and Gold's 2009 Mock Draft be available?

anyone know how Sask got the 6th round pick? I didn't hear anything....

After looking at the final draft, I'm surprised that Obie took Griffin when Stephenson was still on the board. I thought they were pretty high on him. Any thoughts?

Probably compete at FB for depth.I’m sure this pick up will help if Radlein is dealt.

DRAFT GRADE A

Pretty much looks like this:

Barker
Giguere
Knowlton
Tchobanian
Giffin
Lavigne Masse

Who are Knowlton and Tchobanian? I couldn't find either of them among Duane Forde's evaluations, nor in the CFL.ca list of draft eligible players.

OK - I realize now that these are the two guys we got in the trade for 9th pick.

Neither were drafted today but came as result of a trade with BC last night for the ninth overall selection (1st selection, 2nd round). Info on Tchobanian & Knowlton is available on the login page, heres what it said:

[i]Hamilton, Ontario – The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced today that they have acquired import defensive back Markeith Knowlton and non-import kicker Ara Tchobanian from the B.C. Lions in exchange for the Ticats second round (9th overall) selection in the 2008 CFL Canadian Draft.

“We feel Markeith has the opportunity to immediately make us a better football team,? said general manager Bob O’Billovich. “He’s a proven player who can stabilize our strong-side linebacker position. He fills a major need and is an excellent character guy who has also played on a Grey Cup championship team.?

Knowlton, a 6-0, 205-pound native of Elaine, Arkansas recorded 50 defensive tackles, 17 special teams tackles, two quarterback sacks, one interception and one touchdown in 32 games over two seasons with the Lions.

“Ara had a solid collegiate career at Ottawa where he handled all of his team’s kicking duties. We look forward to seeing what he can offer our team at training camp,? said O’Billovich.

Tchobanian, a 5-10, 200-pound native of Ottawa, Ontario led the CIS in scoring with 106 points and broke Ottawa’s school record for career (54) and single-season (21) field goals in 2007. He also kicked 67 punts for 2,369 yards (35.4 average).[/i]

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=23618]http://www.ticats.ca/index.php?module=n ... &nid=23618[/url]

On the Riders forum, it says that they got Hamilton's 6th round pick for the rights to someone on Saskatchewan's negotiation list but that person was not named. He said there was a press release but I ca't find it.

They dont often publish a neg list exchange.

Heard Obie on "The Talk" saying that he did Tillman a favour by giving him that pick so Tillman could pick a hometown favourite (Teale Orban - QB, Regina Rams).