Offical 2014 Prediction Thread

A couple of these have been made in the last couple of weeks but have been immediately buried so I figured I'd make another predictions thread that everyone can post on as there is 9 days to kickoff! Mods can feel free to put a sticky on the thread so we can check back in November who was the closest in there predictions. If not that's fine too. (Reminder that if you are making record predictions total wins must = 81 and losses must = 81 for it to be a legitimate prediction.)

EAST
Toronto 12-6
(Ricky Ray stays healthy for 16 games, Emery anchors the defense as the Argos easily claim a weak east)
Montreal 10-8
(Smith has his ups and downs, defense bails them out a couple of times on route to a winning record)
Hamilton 8-10
(In more of a surprise pick, Collaros struggles, QB controversy ensues, Ticats never get into a rhythm)
Ottawa 6-12
(In a respectable first season the RB's string together some nice victories but lack of cohesion sets them back)

WEST
Calgary 11-7
(Tate and Bo Levi rep in and out most of the season, Cornish bails them out a few times, winning record likely)
Saskatchewan 11-7
(Slow start holds back the Riders, hot finish saves them, Durant pulls it together to go from 7-7 to 11-7)
Edmonton 10-8
(Rielly stays healthy behind new Oline, they start to win the close games they lost last year)
B.C. 7-11(Glenn brings them to a respectable start as Lulay heals, the loss of Moore hurts more than people think)
Winnipeg 6-12
(Willy has his struggles as Winnipeg starts hot but suffers a mid season losing streak that derails playoff hopes)

East Semi Final: Montreal OVER Hamilton (Smith has a rough playoff game with 2 picks but gets bailed out by supporting cast)
West Semi Final: Saskatchewan OVER Edmonton (13th Man too much for Rielly to handle as Durant steps up to the plate once again.

East Final: Toronto OVER Montreal (In an offensive explosion Ray picks apart Montreal on route to 2nd Grey Cup appearance in 3 years.
West Final: Back in the frigid temperatures of Calgary Durant struggles to find rhythm as Calgary avenges last season's playoff choke.

Grey Cup: Calgary OVER Toronto: Not what I would want as a Rider fan but Tate/Mitchell and high octane offense with Cornish is too much for Toronto as Calgary edges Toronto in one of the most exciting Grey Cups in recent memory 41-35.

Player predictions/expectations
Durant has a 8+ TD-INT Ratio
No Rider runningback rushes for more than 700 yards this season
Getzlaf and Taj Smith have 1000 receiving yards
Brakenridge nets 8 interceptions.

You don't have to go into this much depth if you don't feel like it but I want to hear your predictions for teams and players as well!

There will not be a clear cut favorite heading into the playoffs, plenty of inconsistency will be displayed by teams this season but it will be an exciting one.

Good/interesting analysis. Congratulations.

Will post my predictions soon.

Richard

here's the prediction:

West
Calgary
Sask
BC
Edmonton
Winnipeg

East
Toronto
Hamilton
Montreal
Ottawa

West:
Calgary 12-6
Veteran laden team, will do well regardless if it's Tate or BLM at the controls.
Saskatcheway 11-7
Question marks remain at RB but they have enough weapons for Durant at receiver to win games.
BC 10-8
Edmonton 8-10
Still not buying the Esks coolaid. They're better but not 7-8 wins better.
Winnipeg 6-12
I think we're better coached than last year, the guys are more of a team rather than a collection of individuals and by all accounts the players want to play for O'Shea. Still, it's a young team overall, lots of transition, and the national depth still isn't up to par to weather injuries over the course of the year.

East:
Montreal 10-8
Still a lot to like about this team IMO and I think Troy Smith has a good year building on last years expereince.
Toronto 9-9
Toronto for me is another question mark. They have Ricky Ray and he's always dangerous but there's been quite a lot of transition on that team and Ray will have to find another favourite threat now that Inman's gone.
Hamilton - 9-9
Collaros is a bit a wildcard and some of the early stuff I've read has suggested he's been good, not great. It'll be interesting to see how the season unfolds for him but I'm think he has some ups and downs. Luckily they have the makings of a good D that can help take some of the pressure off him.
Ottawa 6-12
Saskfan I think you're right on the money with the redblacks. They've done well with their front 7 on D, I'm just not sure the backend is good enough to hold up over 18 games. With Burris the offense I think will put up points and there may be a few shootouts this year.

Sask.
Stamps
Eskies
Lions
Winnipeg

Argos
Montreal
Tiger Cats
REDBLACKS

EASTERN

Hamilton.....12-6
Toronto.......10-8
Ottawa.........8-10
Montreal.......8-10

WESTERN

Calgary.........11-7
BC..............11-7
Saskatchewan..8-10
Edmonton.......7-11
Winnipeg........6-12

Playoffs

East Semi......Tor over Ott
West Semi.....BC over Sask

East Final......Ham over Tor
West Final.....BC over Calg

GREY CUP

Hamilton over BC

WEST

1. Sask 13-5
  2. BC Lions 12-6
  3. Edmonton 11-7
  4. Calgary 10-8
  5. Winnipeg 7-11

East

Toronto 12-6
Montreal 11-7
Ottawa 10-8
Hamilton 9-9

Eatern semi final

Ottawa at Montreal

Montreal wins

Eastern Final

Montreal at Toronto
Toronto wins

Western semi final

Edmonton ay BC
Lions win

Western final

Bc at Sask

Sask wins

grey cup

Toronto vs Sask

Sask wins

dupsdell,just to point out about your predictions,but your math is just a little off.You have 95 wins vs 67 losses,a difference of 28 games,the won/loss ratio should be 81 and 81.It's kind of difficult to have 7 teams at double digits for victories,1 team at .500 and only 1 team below .500,besides the fact that you picked my Cats for a last place finish,which isn't going to happen :lol: :cowboy: :slight_smile: guaranteed 100% !!!!! :rockin:

EASTERN

Toronto.......11-7
Hamilton.......9-9
Ottawa.........7-11
Montreal.......6-12

WESTERN

Edmonton......12-6
Calgary.........11-7
Saskatchewan..9-9
BC...............8-10
Winnipeg.......8-10

Playoffs

East Semi......B.C. over Hamilton
West Semi.....Calgary over Saskatchewan
East Final......B.C. over Toronto
West Final.....Edmonton over Calgary

GREY CUP

Edmonton over B.C.

West
Sask
Calgary
BC
Edmonton
Winnipeg

East
Hamilton
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

Hamilton beats Calgary in the Grey Cup. :wink:

WEST

1. Sask 16-2
  2. BC Lions 10-8
  3. Calgary 11-7
  4. Edmonton 9 -9
  5. Winnipeg 7-11

East

Toronto 14-4
Hamilton 10-8
Ottawa 9-9
Montreal 9-9

Eastern semi final

Ottawa at Hamilton Ottawa wins Better QB Do

Eastern Final

Ottawa at Toronto
Toronto wins

west Semi
BC over Calgary

West Final
Sask Over BC

Grey Cup

Sask over Toronto

West

Sask
Calgary
BC
Edmonton
Winnipeg

East

Toronto
Ottawa
Montreal
Hamilton

Ottawa and Hamilton in the Grey Cup - Hamilton crosses over to the West in the playoffs.
(it makes as much sense as some of the other predictions)

Always difficult to make predictions since injuries to key players,particularly QBs, have always had impacts on predictions; nevertheless,here are my 2014 projections for the regular season:

Hamilton 11-7

The QB situation is definitely a question, but should Zach Collaros have problems, Jeremiah Masoli will come to the rescue. Hamilton has very and plenty of good National players; it does give them flexibility. Signings of LB Abaham Kromah,P/K Justin Medlock,DB Craig Butler and WR Cory Koch during the off-season will definitely help.

Montreal -10-8

As with other teams, QB situation remains a question mark; should Troy Smith be injury free for most of the season, Montreal will have a great season. There are many stars both on offence and defence. They will still have,as in 2013, one of the best defence in the league.

Toronto 10-8

Yes, Ricky Ray remains one of the best QB in the league, but he can't do everything alone; Toronto has lost many good players in the off-season. The main losses were: LB Marcus Ball,DE David Lee, DE Aaron Maybin, DT Khalif Mitchell, CB Pat Watkins,RB Chad Kackert, WR Dontrelle Inman, OG Joe Eppelle and OT Tony Washington. They also lost Defensive Coordinator Jones and Special Teams Coordinator O'Shea.

Ottawa 5-13

39 years old QB Henry Burris is the key to any success in Ottawa; he is getting older and has been hit quite a bit in the last seasons.

Calgary 11-7

One of the best team in the league. Plenty of talent,including National players.

BC 10-8

Except WR Nick Moore and DE Keron Williams-unless he re-signs with BC- ,most of BC key players are back in 2014. A very good defence. While Travis Lulay may not start the 2014 season, Kevin Glenn will do very well.

Saskatchewan 9-9

Taking into consideration losses of key players such as RB Kory Sheets,RB/WR Jock Sanders,WR Weston Dressler, DB Craig Butler, DL Keith Shologan and WR Geroy Simon, I don't expect a better than 9-9 record.

Edmonton 9-9

Mike Reilly is a good QB, but there are problems with offensive line; loss of DT Ted Laurent will hurt.

Winnipeg 6-12

I am not sold on Drew Willy. Lack of National talent is the number 1 and most serious problem. Will they trade to improve? Possibly,but will have to give future draft choices.

These are my regular 2014 season predictions.

A good season to all of you.

Richard

East
Hamilton - 11 - 7
Toronto - 10 -8
Montreal - 9 - 9
Ottawa - 6 - 12

West
Calgary - 12 - 6
Sask - 10 - 8
BC - 9 - 9
Edmonton - 8 - 10
Winnipeg - 6 - 12

West
Calgary
Sask
BC
Edm
Wpg

Semi
Sask over BC
Final
Calgary over Sask

East
Toronto
Mtrl
Ham
Ott

Semi
Mtrl over Ham
Final
Toronto over Mtrl

Grey Cup
Calgary over Toronto

Toronto 10-8

Yes, Ricky Ray remains one of the best QB in the league, but he can't do everything alone; Toronto has lost many good players in the off-season. The main losses were: LB Marcus Ball,DE David Lee, DE Aaron Maybin, DT Khalif Mitchell, CB Pat Watkins,RB Chad Kackert, WR Dontrelle Inman, OG Joe Eppelle and OT Tony Washington. They also lost Defensive Coordinator Jones and Special Teams Coordinator O'Shea.

I feel like you were reaching to list people that are a "main loss" for the Argos.

Aaron Maybin - played 2 games for the Argos and did next to nothing.

Khalif Mitchell- statistically had a good season but he won't be missed at all.

Joe Eppelle - was easily the Argos worst O-line last year. Argos added Tyler Holmes and Matt Sewell.

Tony Washington - barely played last year. See above about additions on the line.

I am actually happy that Jones and O'Shea are now gone. Jones defence though has been effective, I believe it ran its course in Toronto. O'shea had actually gone down each year he had been with the Argos. His best unit was 2010.

As for my predictions:
East:
Hamilton 11-7
Toronto 11-7
Ottawa 8-10
Montreal 7-11

West:
Edmonton 11-7
Sasakatchewan 9-9
Calgary 9-9
B.C 8-10
Winnipeg 7-11

Semi finals: Tor over Ottawa. Sask over Calgary.
Finals: Tor over Ham :wink:. Sask over Edm

Grey Cup: Sask over Toronto.

West:

1. Calgary: 13-5
  2. Saskatchewan: 11-7
  3. BC: 10-8
  4. Edmonton: 7-11
  5. Winnipeg: 6-12

East:

1. Toronto: 12-6
  2. Hamilton: 9-9
  3. Montreal: 8-10
  4. Otttawa: 5-13

Overall record: 81-81 :thup:

West semi-finals:

BC @ Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan wins

East Semi-finals:

Montreal @ Hamilton: Montreal wins

West Finals:

Saskatchewan @ Calgary: Saskatchewan wins

East Finals:

Montreal @ Toronto: Toronto wins

Grey Cup: Saskatchewan @ Toronto: Saskatchewan wins

Odds at sportbooks suggest parity among top 3 teams in each division. If that happens again in 2014, a profitable gambling system is to blindly bet all underdog pointspreads.

cal
ed
sask
wpg
bc

tor
ham
ott
mont

Ottawa makes the playoffs as long as Burris remains healthy

WPG and BC might be fighting for 4th place at the very end.

Honestly the Rider Stampeder game can go either way. I always felt as if Glenn held the Stamps back in big games... (see GC 100 and WF 2013) now that the stamps will be starting game changers at qb as compared to a game manager such as Glenn, will be enough to put them over the hump. However the "game changers" they start will be prone to more mistakes.