Offensive Line

Just wondering if anyone else is concerned about our Offensive line. Tillman has made some good moves regarding this matter. But are they enough????

We no longer have Greene and Childress. The "young one" Charles Thomas was obviously the weakest link in 2006.

In 2004 and 2005 with Marcel Bellafeulle, our passing game was always 6 yards or less and were were also a heavily run "happy offence".

I'd like to point out that in 2006 we were "a little" more pass oriented. This means our O-line has to protect the QB much longer. Our O-line was less than spectacular in 2006. We were second for sacks allowed and the injury to KJ as a result killed his effectiveness.

With Kent Austin, we will be even more pass oriented offence than with Condell. Our O-line didn't respond to Condell's "more pass oriented" offense very effectively in 2006. Can they handle a Kent Austin "super pass oriented" offence?????

With Gene Makowsky(God),Rob Lazeo, Jeremy O'Day, Matt O'Meara, Antonio Hall, and new guys Belton Johnson and Wayne Smith I kinda like it...alot.

Our O-line was less than spectacular in 2006.
NOT THAT YOU'RE WRONG HERE BUT,JUST SO YOU KNOW WE SWITCHED AT THE BEGING OF LAST YEAR FROM MAN BLOCKING TO ZONE. OUR GUYS DIDN'T REALLY ADAPT TO THEIR ZONE BLOCKING ROLES AND WE STRUGGLED. JUST PAST THE MIDWAY-POINT OF THE YEAR(I BELIEVE) WE SWITCHED BACK TO MAN BLOCKING SCHEMES AND DOMINATED AGAIN, BUT WE HAD ALREDY DUG OURSELVE A BIG HOLE!

I THINK THAT WITH THE PESONELL THAT WE CURRENTLY HAVE AND THE EMPHASIS THAT AUSTIN WILL PUT ON PASS BLOCKING THAT WE WILL FIND OUR FUTURE O-LINE STARS IN THIS GROUP!

WOW!!! ME EARS ARE RINGING.

sorry, didn't realize i had caps on.

p.s. nice touch with the tiny font.