Off to the Temple of the shrine..

Charlie is now off to The East West Shrine Game To Scout Talent for our Team
This Game uses Former Pro Football Coaches to Coach Teams

the West team is Coach By MIKE WHITE
Who Coach The Oakland Raiders the University of California-Berkeley, the University of Illinois

the East Team is Coached By Former Chiefs Rams and Eagles Dick Vermiel

There are 4 Canadians in the game
Eric Maranda LB 6’2 228 Laval NotreDamedes Pins, QC Samuel Giguere WR 6’0 215 Sherbrooke Sherbrooke, QC
There on the East Team

Dylan Barker DB 6’4 200 Saskatchewan Moose Jaw, SK
Brendon LaBatte OL 6’4 320 Regina Weyburn, SK
are on the West Team

Barkey I really Like 6'2 DB Barker..
It hard to find a CB that size with good Speed.

University of Saskatchewan Huskies third-year safety Dylan Barker had a standout year for the team in 2007-08 and is now being rewarded.

Just two weeks after being honoured as a First Team All-Canadian, the Moose Jaw, Sask., native has been selected as one of four Canadians to play in the East West Shrine Bowl, a North American football all-star game, on Jan. 19 hosted by the University of Houston.

“I was told I had a chance to be in it and it’s always been a goal after watching it last year,? Barker said after hearing the news. “I’m going to get to play some of the best players. It’s a humbling experience and will be challenging.?

The Shrine Bowl began in 1925 and features the best players and coaches in the College ranks in North America. The game has raised more than $14 million for the 22 Shiner Hospitals.

Four Huskies have played in the game prior to 2008 — Jordan Rempel in 2007, Travis Serke in 1994, Scott Flory in 1999 and Kevin Lefsrud in 2000.

Barker, who is expected to be drafted in the CFL Draft in the summer, was the Huskies best defensive player with 53 tackles, three interceptions and four breakups this season.

The six-foot-four, 205-pound, Arts & Science student was named a CIS First Team All-Canadian, as well as a Canada West All-Star in the last two seasons. He was also named a First Team All-Academic in both years. In 2006-07 he was the Russ Jackson Outstanding Student-Athlete nominee.

Barker played in the CIS East West bowl in 2006-07. He was also selected to the Canada Cup All-Canadian Team in 2004.

“This is another thing to help build and get me experience,? said Barker. “I can learn new techniques and improve as a safety.?

Barker joins fellow Canadians Samuel Giguere, a wide receiver from Shrebrooke; Eric Maranda, defensiveback from Laval; and offensive lineman Brendon LaBatte from Regina at the game.

“It will be helpful to have them there, especially another defensive player I know and have played against,? said Barker. “I will have more encouragement.?

Thanks for the info OK.

Will it be televised on TSN, Tom?

I think it will be be .. But I will Check.

Right now ESPN2 in the States is only one I know of Covering the game for TV .

I will check around to see if I Can Local TV Coverage

I did some checking dose not look TSN is Even sending Reporters down to cover to the game.
Let alone picking up the ESPN 2 feed.

Tom:
I liked your second post in this thread. Did you ask someone to proofread it?? The grammar and the spelling were actually correct, unlike most of your other posts !!

Good move . . .

[quote="justdewey"]Tom:
I liked your second post in this thread. Did you ask someone to proofread it?? The grammar and the spelling were actually correct, unlike most of your other posts !!

:lol:

The Shrine game is on at 7 EST Tonight.
Only being Covered on ESPN II

So if can get ESPN II then Tune in

I taped the shrine game
I well go over the DVR Tape Monday
Give you all a Scouting Report on the Canadians.

Who the hell needs Marty York OK thanks pal.

West
64 Battle OL
He Seems to get off Ball Well when Run Blocking
His Pass blocking and footwork needs to address
Maybe a Late 2nd or 3 Round Pick in the CFL

20 Barker S-DB
Good Break on Ball Big kid at 6'4
IMO he should 1st or 2nd Round pick in The CFL .
My only Question about him is can he Hit and Tackle.

East
51 Maranda OLB
Good Speed to Outside
Could play DE or DT in The CFL.
He could co anytime

11 Giguere WR
Only Caught one pass out of the 3 he was thrown
He Needs to work on his hands
He Dropped two catchable Passes.
Good Blocker on Runs.
4 or 5th round CFL Pick

Other notes:
QB Jeff Johnson from San Diego State
He Would Great QB here .
Great Pocket Presents good Speed and nice Arm
He lack Idea Size
He has Casey Printers type speed.
He be late 2nd or 3rd Rounder if the NFL
but may not stick at QB
the NFL May try move him to WR or HB
He great to add to our neg list.

Dexter Jackson WR appalachian State
Smallish WR but great Speed nice hands and can KR.
Corry Homes Type Speed.
Should be a-late 5th round NFL Pick
another player to put on the neg list

Thanks for the reports.

The CIS O-lineman there was LaBatte.

Barker is known as a big hitter / very good tackler in CIS ball.

Maranda - a linebacker all his time in CIS ball, and at around 225 pounds, is going to play DE or DT in the CFL ??? - um ya, OK, whatever, could be I guess. And he was drafted last year by the Argos.

Giguere only had one catch in the Shrine game - so did Fantuz when he was there; the 2 drops won't help Giguere's resume, however, if the reported testing numbers (40 time, vertical, bench #s, etc.) this guy has put up are correct - they are as good or better a combo of numbers than many 1st round NFL draft pick prospect receivers have - a lot of football scouts are big on measureables, which might get Giguere some serious interest, including maybe from the NFL; I'll bet he goes CFL 1st round or 2nd round at latest.