Off-season football talk

can you prove that? can anybody?

I can't believe you're even asking this.

IT DOESN'T MATTER! He was caught with PEDs in his system. He has failed to disclose the investigation he promised. He LIED to the fans, his team, and the League.

1 Like

again, can you prove he lied?

of course it matters if he did it knowingly on purpose.

He definitely lied about the independent lab results that were going to prove his innocence.

2 Likes

Bottom line is they both cheated.

They both got caught.

They both got suspended for two games. (You can argue Simoni should have only got one game; I think both players deserved more. But that's beside the point.)

They both served their two game suspensions.

They both resumed play after their suspensions.

They both made it to and played in the Grey Cup.

Only one of the two's Grey Cup appearance is frequently discredited by a Ticat fan.

So as I stated earlier, PED Poster Boy's infraction may have impacted his ability to play positively. Simoni Lawrence's infraction likely had the reverse effect - he would be extra cautious to ensure that he was not suspended for another late, or even border-line hit.

They both served their two game suspensions.

They both resumed play after their suspensions.

They both made it to and played in the Grey Cup.

But to me, since PED Poster Boy's infraction could have had only a positive effect on his play, and Simoni Lawrence's infraction could only have had a negative impact on his play, then that is why Ticat fans, in general, discredit PED P B's appearance and not Simoni Lawrence's appearance. If the effects were reversed I would be roasting Simoni to this day. PED's have no place in competitive sports for many reasons.

2 Likes

Questioning whether one of them could have performed at their highest level without the infraction is fair.

Doesn't matter what team you're a fan of. Simonis infraction was isolated, Andrews (potentially) directly impacted his team's ability to get there.

That's like saying the Houston Astros cheating is the same as throwing a ball at a batter, both were cheating.

Sorry but I'm still struggling to see the logic of your argument.

2 Likes

Essentially it's this:
Both did a crime. Both did the time.

Could the Cats have performed at as high a level had Simonis cheating not knocked out Collaros? Could Collaros and the Roughriders have performed at a higher level if Simoni hadn't cheated? I think his cheating had great impact on performance.

Nah. Players get injured on clean and dirty hits. Players pop back from dirty hits all the time. Zach is more fragile than an egg. The odds are that he was going to get injured, just happened to be on a dirty hit this time.

Only the PED users are being kept out of Hall of Fames, records wiped from books, and being put in front of congress. Their trainers and suppliers are being put in jail. It's a felony to sell, traffic, etc.

The reason the penalties are the same in this example is because the CFL is bush league and their drug policy is a joke. MLB first offence is 80 games (one half a season). Find me a sport where the first offence for any on field action is half a season.

3 Likes

Calls and suspensions are long over and done, but I find it ironic that on his first carry, Harris popped up and head butted, helmet to helmet, a Cat, with official #25 watching. Even Cuthbert and Suitor, decidedly pro Bomber “stories” that evening, questioned the lack of a flag. Later in the game, BB Hansen levelled Williams with a spear, helmet on helmet, on a punt return, which Cuthbert and Suitor gushed about.

So, are head shots really that seriously called, or, does it also matter who you are, and who the victim is?

All in all, I enjoyed re-watching the game, and must admit that Winnipeg was the better team on the day. Dane appeared overwhelmed all evening, and, unfortunately, looked to be playing like the rookie he was. Kudos again to Ritchie Hall and BB’s D-line.

2 Likes

The entire night a great story of redemption and overcoming adversity was completed.

The overachieving head hunting dirty Ticats got what they deserved.

1 Like

In fairness, the Collaros finish to the season was one of the best conceivable storylines. Pure fairy tale ending. (Harris, not so much.)

2 Likes

I had to laugh watching Grey Cup Unite on Saturday night when James Duthie, while talking to Harris, asked him how he has been able to perform at such a high level and avoiding injuries at the age of 33. Not a word on using PED's!!!

3 Likes

Doesn't fit the Canadian boy done good overcoming adversity narrative

3 Likes

it's honestly nauseating.

so called fans comparing a late hit with PED's.

4 Likes

These guys have their work cut out for them!

Here's an absolute shocker. I'm surprised no fans noticed it.

Bo Levi Mitchell admits his head got ‘too big’ after winning 2014 Grey Cup

4 Likes

Great observation.
it's good that I'm not the only one that's annoying

how annoying are you? :slight_smile:

Well, FYB, since it is his first post ever, I'd say not at all. . .

Unless of course it happens to be a former member with a new name, in which case all bets are off.

1 Like