Of 15 Esks Released Only 2 Picked Up!

Well larry, considering a new era in CFL history is now upon us, call it the post SMS era, I highly doubt any team will pile up the kind of success the Esks accomplished by out spending their rivals in years past. You can throw your history book away now and join the present like the rest of us.

And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to gather both Warner and Nugent play defence. So we'll just have to gauge it by which player makes more of an impact for their team.

I can't wait for you to be eating those words larry just like last year.

Ahhh, my dear piglet. It is you, my dear, that needs to get over the past, and join the rest of us in the present. You keep living in last year, as it is the only year in the last 35 that the Eskimos missed the playoffs, and likely the only year of your life, you felt was worth living. Get over it, and move on. In the PRESENT, your bumbers haven’t won jack squat in 17 years in an 8 team league. 17 years is a long time, my little friend.

I hope that pigs enjoy crow. Because once you can no longer talk about the past, and the one year of your life that the Eskimos missed the playoffs, all you’ll have time to do is eat crow, and make up excuses for why the bumbers fell short, once again, to win their first Grey Cup in a generation.

Well, well, piglet. A day before game day, and the Eskimos have Ron Warner on their depth chart as a STARTING Defensive Tackle. The blue bummers have Jason Nugent on their depth chart as a BACKUP safety. I do congratulate Nugent, however. After ripping his ACL, MCL and meniscus in the same knee to shreds, and having it all surgically reconstructed, sitting on the bench and keeping the Gatorade bottles full is about all he could expect from his pro football career.

So, piglet. Who do you think is going to make more of an impact on his team? A STARTING Defensive Tackle, or a guy you picked up to keep a spot warm on the bench? Got any more accurate ideas now of why the Eskimos were willing to give up Nugent, and who won this trade? What’s that, piglet? Nothing to say? Too busy shoving that crow pie down your throat? I understand. Please reply when you’ve finished eating your words. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

...this is just a theory, but trades are made to make teams better by giving up someone that is no longer required, yes?...and the trade is perceived by both parties to be of equal value, more or less, no?....so if the trade of Nugent for Warner was made under these two basic principles would it not stand to reason, a stretch perhaps, but within the bounds of logic that a starting EE DL equals a benchwarming BB DB?....if so, it could speak volumes about the quality of the EE Dline.....just a theory mind you....

Interesting theory. Except for the fact that Nugent was also a benchwarmer in Edmonton. It’s not like he was demoted in winterpeg. He wasn’t good enough in Edmonton, and he isn’t good enough in winterpeg. Warner was a starter in winterpeg, and he’s a starter in Edmonton. These facts don’t really match up with your theory, does it?

I guess the BB’s had a need for a warm body to take up a roster position, and watch from the sidelines. And the Eskimos had no need for a washed up safety that’s never played a single down of professional football, due to never healing properly from major knee surgery 2 years ago. With all the all star vets the Eskimos have added to their secondary, I guess they figured they could spare him.

At the end of the day, I’ll take a starting Defensive Tackle over a backup anything, any day of the week.

You win the first part of the bet larry, since Warner is starting and Nugent isn't. We will have to wait for the outcome of the game to see about the second part.

Ah I hope to see both of you eat some

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I beg to differ, my friend. Apparently, you weren’t capable of even reading your own posts. Our wager was ENTIRELY on who won the Warner/Nugent trade, and the criteria for that bet was if your player makes the starting roster, and the other player does not, then you win, by default.

Not to say there isn’t bragging rights in any given regular season game. But, that is a seperate issue. I won this bet, hands down. :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

I guess you got me on that one then larry, but are you sure Warner was evening playing ? I know Samuals was since Milt ate him up for number 137. :wink:

Anyway, what’s it gonna be for round two ? Got any suggestions or are you too green and yellow to give me a shot at redemption ?

I see Glenn had more passing yards than Ray, but young Ebel outrushed Charlie.

Didn’t see this little gem, until now, pork sausage. How’s that crow tasting, by the way? Warner’s a starter, Nugent’s a backup, and the Esks took 3 out of 4 points from the bummers. Don’t eat your words all at once, pork sausage. I wouldn’t wanna see you choke like the bummers do every year.

Now Porky is a good guy there Larry do not be to hard on him. Deep down he wishes Taman did not go for the Nate sandwich and would have kept Warner. I think what scared them into the trade was the fact Warner was playing games using the aFL as leverage in contract talks. So Taman figure send one guy to Edmonton and replace him with the very large cast off from the Riders. This time it did not pay off. Its ok Piggy he loves you ha ha ha Monkey trainer!