Odds of going 12-6 again?

They've gone 6-4 over the first 10 games. That means they need to pull out 6-2 for the remaining 8 games.

It's a pretty tall order, but I think they're up for it.

Not good. Would be nice but not likely - maybe 10- 8 and a tie for first place.

12 wins gives you the division outright.

11 will get you a home game.

9 or 10 means we'll need a thesaurus, a calculator and a captive pixie to figure out the tiebreaks.

I think they would have to sweep their back to back series with Edmonton. It's a tall order considering the Eskimos have lost their last two games. They are going to be of the mindset that they have to win two straight to atone.Since Schultz has left and McCulliough has been filling in for Williams the defense has been better. The defense would have to play two almost perfect games for it to happen IMO. But if they do manage to sweep the Eskimos then who knows? They might have a real shot at finishing 12 - 6.

I dunno if any of you follow Shultz against the world on TSN.ca but the big baffoon picked Edmonton to beat Sask. 40-27 this week. I dunno what the big guy was smokin' but even if Edmonton squeaks out a win it won't be by nearly that much. But really, I feel Darian is playing just as well as Ricky at this point and Sask.'s defence is much better meaning Sask. should win this one.

Well we've played the best team twice already, so that's out of the way.

From the remaining games I would break them down as:

vs Edmonton - Win
at Edmonton - Loss
at BC - Win
vs Toronto - Win
at Calgary - Loss
vs BC - Win
at Hamilton - Loss
vs Calgary - Win

BC has been bad at times this year but they aren't a gimme win, Toronto is the only real weak team we play left. We usually play poor in Edmonton, and Calgary is always tough.

Im actually gonna change that up a bit!!!

vs Edmonton - Win
at Edmonton - Loss
at BC - Loss
vs Toronto - Win
at Calgary - Win
vs BC - Win
at Hamilton - Win
vs Calgary - Win

I have a feeling this year we are gonna sweep Calgary I donno why its just a feeling that our D-line has there number this year!!!
I actually hope im right cause that will give us our 12-6 haha

Going back over the stats -- because I wanted to see if the early-year trends had dissipated.
Comparing how many sets-of-downs got converted by each team, in each half

Week 1 ( BCL ) Offence 54.3% ( Game ) 60.0% ( 1st ) 46.7% ( 2nd ) -- Defence 54.3% ( Game ) 46.7% ( 1st ) 60.0% ( 2nd )
Week 2 ( TOR ) Offence 63.6% ( Game ) 73.7% ( 1st ) 50.0% ( 2nd ) -- Defence 65.8% ( Game ) 52.9% ( 1st ) 76.2% ( 2nd )
Week 3 ( MTL ) Offence 46.2% ( Game ) 50.0% ( 1st ) 41.7% ( 2nd ) -- Defence 63.2% ( Game ) 47.1% ( 1st ) 76.2% ( 2nd )
Week 4 ( EDM ) Offence 62.5% ( Game ) 70.6% ( 1st ) 44.4% ( 2nd ) -- Defence 68.8% ( Game ) 64.7% ( 1st ) 73.3% ( 2nd )
Week 5 ( CGY ) Offence 66.7% ( Game ) 70.6% ( 1st ) 62.5% ( 2nd ) -- Defence 65.6% ( Game ) 75.0% ( 1st ) 56.3% ( 2nd )
Week 6 ( BCL ) Offence 60.0% ( Game ) 53.3% ( 1st ) 66.7% ( 2nd ) -- Defence 60.0% ( Game ) 61.9% ( 1st ) 57.1% ( 2nd )
Week 7 ( HAM ) Offence 67.5% ( Game ) 73.9% ( 1st ) 58.8% ( 2nd ) -- Defence 33.3% ( Game ) 0.0% ( 1st ) 53.3% ( 2nd )
Week 8 ( MTL ) Offence 69.7% ( Game ) 76.5% ( 1st ) 62.5% ( 2nd ) -- Defence 63.0% ( Game ) 73.3% ( 1st ) 50.0% ( 2nd )
Week 10 ( WPG ) Offence 68.4% ( Game ) 78.3% ( 1st ) 53.3% ( 2nd ) -- Defence 55.2% ( Game ) 45.5% ( 1st ) 61.1% ( 2nd )
Week 11 ( WPG ) Offence 68.3% ( Game ) 66.7% ( 1st ) 70.0% ( 2nd ) -- Defence 35.7% ( Game ) 41.2% ( 1st ) 27.3% ( 2nd )

We see that the offence is starting to get more consistant and more effective each game. They continue to come out strong and the ineffective 2nd half performances died off after week 4. Our defence has also reversed it's trend, and haven't given up a big 2nd half since week 4 either.

It does seem that nobody can stop the Rider offence, who've been averaging 3 first downs every time they get the ball in the first half over the last 4 games, and the defence is able to make the plays they need to make. The back 9 should be really fun this year, and the division will likely come right down to the wire. I think 6-2 in these last 8 games is a real possibility.

@ Dust and bjones

Do you honestly think the Suckriders will go 4-0 at home to close the season after going 3-2 in their first 5 home games??? Not a chance.

I think they will finish the season 10-8, and that's being generous.

Stamps to repeat!

After their impressive win against the … uh … Tiger-Cats?

Oh Wait, scratch that … that was their embarrassing loss.

:thup:

Why not? One of the home losses was to the Als and the other was a blown 22 point lead in the 3rd quarter to the Eskimos. I think the team that is the most dangerous and stands the best chance to knock the Riders off at home of the remaining teams is Calgary. If the Riders can knock the Stamps off in Calgary, it’s not ridiculous to suggest they can beat the same team at home.

having to finish 6-1 just made that seem a whole lot more difficult …