Odds and Sods - Bombers at Montreal

Things looking good out of the gate…no Rod Black…
Cole picks off Glenn…sets up Medlock 47 yd FG…
Derrick Jones perfect punt block…but Blue settle for FG…
MOS wins INT challenge…but Medlock trots out again…
More turnovers, but Bombers only up 9-0
Bomber O not going vertical…mostly flats and hash marks…
Bomber D sagging against the run…
Als come back with back to back TD drives…14-9 Als
Not many touches for Harris…so far…
Nichols throwing a bunch of wayward passes…
Bombers O leaving way too much points on field…
Blue rookie receivers looking like rooks…
Way too many off the ball penalties…
Moe Leggett steps in front of Thick Nick…
…and strolls 50 yds for INT touchdown…
Plenty of plays left on field…but Blue up 18-15 at half…
Both teams fall into total stupor… in scoreless 3rd quarter…
Ton-O-Flags…real dumb penalties by both sides…
MOS passed on 2 potential Medlock tries…
Why do both teams run that shotgun, in short yds?
Both teams D’s…taking over the game…
Medlock goes 5-5 and puts Blue up 22-18…
Down to field position…in the stretch…
Lapo figures out that Harris should get more rock…
Bombers get ball deep in their end, with 5 min left…
Nichols is hitting passes now…rooks are catching them…
Big Boy Bond totally sells roughing penalty on Bowman…
…Als outrage results in another 15…
Harris busts outside on draw play…
…and walks into end zone…
…putting the cap on clutch 95 yd drive…
29-18…as Black would say…Goodnight Montreal!
Loffler gets window dressing interception, next series…
Then Bass pulls down the curtain, with yet ANOTHER pick
Stated that this turnover rate was unsustainable…
Well, news travels slowly in ole Blue dressing room…
…as Bombers have 6 more turnovers …
…and hold ALs to ZERO pts. in 2nd half…
Not an artistic success…but 4th straight win
Spilled all over my shirtfront…but enjoyed the gin…

Very little vertical game from either team today, lots of short slants, hooks, and outs. Glenn got the PI call against Adams on a deep-ish throw, but other times he tried to go a bit longer on his passes the results weren't good for the Als.

Harris ran hard in the ground game and very involved in the pass game today, looked a lot like what we were expecting to see with him at the start of the season.

If we bring Neufeld back in as a starter on the Oline and in turn take out Loeffler because of it then O'Shea needs to be fired immediately, win streak be damned. 1 sack allowed in the last 2 games, QB getting time to look downfield and Harris' game has picked up, now's not the time for entertaining any loyalties to any player. Any change to be considered on the Oline is Hardrick back at RT in place of Foketi.

Also monster game for Bass today. Wild though, used to be more of a hitter by my recollection but a lot of his tackle attempts were pretty soft IMO.

Quick 9 point start, but could've been 17 or 21. Got lucky after we let Montreal back in the game as the D got us the lead back and held us in until the offense finally kicked in there in the 4th Q. Aside from wishing they put the Als away early by getting TDs instead of FGs (kind of like the Esks have done to the Riders here before the half), can't really complain about the game too much when you get and all around solid effort and a win.

Two good posts with great observations.I don't see how we they could take Loffler out.Both by play and passport.Dressler and Smith need back in as well.

The coaching staff deserves a lot of credit too, the team is coming out ready to play and playing a full 60 minutes too boot.

For sure and I meant to mention how decisions are usually correct and prompt. Applause to the coaches........One thing. In the 2nd half it seemed that Medlock was trying to pin the Als deep, with little success. i kept thinking he should boot it thru the end zone as points for both teams were hard to come by.... It all turned out OK.

If we had scored TDs instead of FGs, the score would have been 52-18. Als have a good D though..... gotta wonder about Bowman's meltdown.

....I dunno....when Big Nic 'the truck'Lewis caught one over the middle, Wild knocked him on his keester and just about separated him from the ball...Not too many in this league will go head to head with Lewis when he's rolling...What was more amazing is that Nic went down and Wild was still standing... :wink:

Ya, he had some hits, was reminded of that play when watching the highlights on sportscentre. I'm not entirely disappointed with him, to be sure. There were a few times where I noticed a bad attempt at a tackle trying to pull a guy down instead of taking a taking another step or two to knock him down and the number on the jersey was invariably Wild's. I just end up wondering what's up with him on those plays- fatigue, lazy play? In either case they have Knox who could spell him for a few plays if he needs some rest or motivation.

An interesting feel good type of story by Cameron on the Bombers site about O'shea visiting with a couple of Bomber fans after the game.I think we would do well to not judge him by the way he comes across with the press generally.

I admit I am one fan who was not happy with MOS although I do like him, but when your team is atrocious I think a little humility is needed and welcomed. He is responsible for results. When your team has won 4 in a row then I don't mind the snide attitude. He did come across as condescending and a know-it-all. I stick by my guns.....I read the article and I've never said he wasn't a good guy, very approachable. Met him at last years opening pre-season game at Varsity Stadium. I do hope he does well....