OC Tommy Condell

Yeah, we're not doing "Condell is too predictable , no run game" this week.

Seriously. What a job he did tonight. Salut.

6 Likes

I hate to pat myself on my back, but I thought the RPO offence would be the best "option" for Watford. Glad to see that Condell agreed with me... Lol

2 Likes

Don't look now... The Ticats are in 1st in the East.

2 Likes

Not expecting a ton of love here but his game planning was impeccable. Blueprint on how to handle a #3 QB start.

2 Likes

Maybe Ottawa lures him away next year. They have a whole stable of #3 QBs.

3 Likes

All kidding aside if Marcel is given another year I suspect he'll overpay Masoli because he really has no choice.

1 Like

Ottawa is now set. :rofl:

They signed former Steeler QB Delvin Hodges to a 3 year deal.

1 Like

You mean thee Delvin "The Duck" Hodges with a 71.4 QB rating?

So does he "duck" the blitz or does he throw "ducks"? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Watford just needed to manage the game tonight, and did that pretty damn well.

3 Likes

I don't know, but "Duck" is his official nickname because he's won a few duck calling competitions.

" Hodges gained the nickname "Duck" at Samford for his prowess at duck calling. Hodges won the 2009 Junior World Duck Calling Contest at age 13 and won the 2018 Alabama State Duck Calling Championship."

2 Likes

That can be a problem in a game situation when one of his teammates wants to warn him about an oncoming tackler and yells "Duck!", and everyone drops to the turf.

2 Likes

He must have had his pick of the ladies. Quarterback AND duck calling champ? Total package!

4 Likes

I can't wait for Rod Black to tell us about this every week.

4 Likes

I was starting to think the Condell magic had worn off, but that was a very called game. Watford was superb in his role - but those two were sympatico.

So many wasted plays. Need to run north/south. Passes need to go for first down yardage. Those little 5 yard passes to the sidelines are useless. Great job by the defense and the field goal kicker. Go cats go.

You know he wasn't calling his own plays, right?

1 Like

LOL if you think the offense had anything to do with last nights win.

No criticism of qb. Talking about the guy who was calling the plays. OC right.

Tommy has had to manage an offense with 3 different quarterbacks so far this season, and Watford has played precious little.

I think our OC has done an amazing job!!!

Well done, Tommy!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes