Obie on FAN590 this AM

Check it out if you can.

An Argo-Cat fan

Not quite sure I really want to hear what he has to say, but thanks for the info.

I think I'll go listen to the CP show again. I need a laugh...

9:38 am

Obie is up next

He's blaming the players. Hmmm. Hope they ask him about the coaching.

The ones he brought in or the ones that were there?

HfTC:
After a stinker like last night there's only one person to be held accountable....Charlie.
New GM, new Assistant coaches, new talented players, Casey, Jesse, Zeke....but the same old problems that we saw last year. Montreal outsmarted us, plain and simple and we have not improved in the game planning department.

After a stinker like last night there’s only one person to be held accountable…Charlie.

Are you saying that it’s time to call West Virginia? :slight_smile:

P.S. I think that opportunity has passed.

Montreal and Calgary fans already know we are doomed with Marcel B and Creehan.

Let's be honest, Bellefeuille and Creehan are two assistants who were unsuccessful with their respective teams last year.
The question is, why do the Cats continue to hire other teams' castoffs?

Funny you should say that. When I read that Taffe had hired those two. The first thing that came to my mind was that he was sticking it to the Ticats...The following week he tried to bolt for West Virginia...

Possibly because whoever is making those decisions doesn't have a CLUE. When we announced the hiring of Marcel B, my boyfriend told me it was NOT going to be pretty. Sad that the evidence of his knowledge has already presented itself.

If things don't improve quickly, it definately DOESN'T look good on O'Billovich that he kept Taaffe. He blames the players (many of whom he brought in) rather than blaming the coaches (who he either kept or brought in). Does he not think he shares in the responsibility??

I still think we're going to turn things around. It can't get much worse than last night so it has to get better.

If things don't improve quickly, it definately DOESN'T look good on O'Billovich that he kept Taaffe.
I agree. In fact, even though at the time I was reluctant to see Taaffe go, in hindsight, it probably was the thing to do. That way, the GM brings in his own people...perhaps Ritchie (if he wanted the job)? I was surprised that O'Billovich stuck with Taaffe.

Well he will be gone when we start off 0 & 7.

The fact that he was going to bolt to West Virginia doesn't help his cause either; It probably shortened the leash.

Never underestimate a Charlie coached team :cry:

8) I will guarantee that it will happen before we are 0 & 7 !!! If we (perish the thought) get to 0 & 4, I am sure a change will take place at that point !!! :oops:

Castoffs? What? What is the definition of a castoff? There are loads of examples of people flourishing in a different environment from the one they are coming from, in all pro sports, any walk of life actually.

Well, I suppose there are exceptions to every rule. But..........

Marcel Bellefeuille was hated by Saskatchewan fans for running a dull, boring, predictable offence, and were happy when he left.

Marcel Bellefeuille was hated by Montreral fans for running a dull, boring, predictable offence, and were happy when he left.

Am I surprised that now Hamilton fans are upset with a dull, boring, predictable offence?

No.

Definition:
Jason Mass, for one.