Obie.....makes the right call.

A lot of folks have screamed for Charlie's walking papers....
Thankfully...that is not going to happen.
Obie...made the right call, to squash, any more rumors of that happening for the balance of the 2008 season, at least. And it would not surprise me at all to see Charlie on the sidelines in 2009.
The revolving door with players and coaches over the past several years...is the one main reason why our Ti-Cats have such a large hole to climb out of. When you hit bottom....it's a long climb back up.
In my mind, our Cats did hit bottom ( last year ), and are slowly climbing their way back. This season we have watched our Cats become competative in most of all of the games they played. A giant step forward, in the right direction....
The balance of this season, should provide Ti-Cat fans with some very entertaining football, as the team continue's to improve.
I look forward, to each and every one of them. :thup:

Cheers.

I agree somewhat, but there have been an awful lot of questionable calls and penalties with CT on the sidelines...
Penalties like No Ends on the feld for a FG, illegal substitution, etc etc. Tigercats constantly being the most penalized team in the CFL week in week out, this is a discipline problem, making it a coaching problem.

I didnt really have a problem with his play calling in the Labour Day game (though many did) but last year and this year he's called soem realllly.. questionable plays.

Its that kind of stuff that has less to do with a team 'gelling' and more to do with a coach just not having control and not having a clue sometimes.

I agree, just look at the Cubs.

Well if you want to make baseball comparisons..look at the blue jays... one of the best records in baseball after a coaching change.

touche

All this talk about coaching change is insane. Do you REALLY think that bringing in a new coach this year will bring this team to .500. Gimme a break! Firing Greg Marshall really helped us didn't it. The best season in the last 5 years was under Greg Marshall. Coaching change for the sake of change doesn't make sense! IF Obie makes a change at the end of the season, then so be it. Midseason changes make absolutely no difference. It's never changed the fate of THIS team. I don't care what's happened with the Blue Jays, I don't follow them. I've followed this team for 20 years. It's never helped. Ever!

And those problems could also stem from a lack of experience from the 20 - 30 new faces we have on our team because of a constant change over every year.

All of the perennial losers in all sports have one thing in common. Constant changeover. Football especially is the ultimate team game where every part needs to move in sequence. This team is inexperienced, trying to learn another offensive and defensive system all while trying to get accustomed to the players around them so they can play as one unit. Firing Taaffe detroys all that and puts back at square one. New head coach = ne offensive and defensive coordinators = new system to learn AGAIN = equals same thing as the past 5 years.

The most important coaching job in pro sports is football.
I could go and mange the Jays for a week with no real loss.
A pitcher starts every 5th day.
Take him out at around 100 pitches.
Match lefty vs lefty and righty vs righty while on "D".

Put me in!!!

By the sounds of it, alot of people think that the coaching staff is the reason we arent in first place . That with all the wonderful talent we have if we had a better coach we`d be head and tails the best team in the CFL ????

After all Buono only has Johnson and Wake on his D line . Who the heck could win with those stiffs eh ??? How does he win games with those guys on his defence ?? It`s a wonder that teams dont complete every pass they throw , cause we know they sure as hell dont get any pressure on the QBs .

Put those 2 stiffs on our D line and with our offence Taffe would all of a sudden look like a genuis dont you think ?????????

BUMP

I didnt think you guys would have a reply !!!!

I'm with you habman.

Ty sigpig !!!!

And those problems could also stem from a lack of experience from the 20 - 30 new faces we have on our team because of a constant change over every year.

All of the perennial losers in all sports have one thing in common. Constant changeover. Football especially is the ultimate team game where every part needs to move in sequence. This team is inexperienced, trying to learn another offensive and defensive system all while trying to get accustomed to the players around them so they can play as one unit. Firing Taaffe detroys all that and puts back at square one. New head coach = ne offensive and defensive coordinators = new system to learn AGAIN = equals same thing as the past 5 years.

Your quote....hits the nail right on the head, scotty dog.
Look, we all know it's been one-hell-of a rollercoaster ride over the past five years, with a lot more downs...than ups.
not a bengal 06...points also hit home. The team can not keep changing coaches, and changing coaches...year after year after year. Or the rollercoaster ride...never ends.
Yah...Charlie has made blunders...the players, have made blunders and stupid mistakes...but the fact remains, that since late last year, the team has started to turn things around...in the right direction.
Of coarse our Ti-Cats, are not going to the Grey-Cup in 08, they may not even get a play-off spot ether. But 'real' change and improvements are happening.....
And this is one fan, that will put his trust in Obie and Taffee, to make it all come together.

Cheers.

Your quote....hits the nail right on the head, scotty dog.
Look, we all know it's been one-hell-of a rollercoaster ride over the past five years, with a lot more downs...than ups.
not a bengal 06...points also hit home. The team can not keep changing coaches, and changing coaches...year after year after year. Or the rollercoaster ride...never ends.
Yah...Charlie has made blunders...the players, have made blunders and stupid mistakes...but the fact remains, that since late last year, the team has started to turn things around...in the right direction.
Of coarse our Ti-Cats, are not going to the Grey-Cup in 08, they may not even get a play-off spot ether. But 'real' change and improvements are happening.....
And this is one fan, that will put his trust in Obie and Taffee, to make it all come together.

Cheers.

sorry about the double post...dam keyboard.

keep the faith people. How many of us in non-management positions are always saying this or that about management, especially senior management, where we work? How they don't communicate, they don't listen to the workers, they don't do this or do that, only care about themselves etc.

Listen, Obie is here for a reason and with a wealth of experience, let's have some faith in this man over the course of the next few years, please!

Listen, Obie is here for a reason and with a wealth of experience, let's have some faith in this man over the course of the next few years, please!
Right on....Earl, I second that. Some times we forget, that Obie has probably forgotten....more than we as fans, would ever know...about Pro Football.

Cheers.