Obie Looking For Upgrades

8) According to Bill Kelly on his show this morning, Obie has been burning up the phone lines today, obviously looking
   for help.

Obviously that help is centered around DB's.

According to Marcel's own words, "In the secondary, we're still trying to figure out whether we have all the answers
      here or not" 

With final NFL cuts just around the corner, the TiCat DB's are still an obvious area of concern !!

Look for some changes for sure in the very near future !!!

My question is why is OBIE lighting up the phone lines now . I could have told you that they had DB probelms right from training camp on , not to mentione non import receiver issues and defensive taclle issues, and now with arland gone , reliable go ro receiver issue

My question is why is OBIE lighting up the phone lines now . I could have told you that they had DB probelms right from training camp on , not to mentione non import receiver issues and defensive taclle issues, and now with arland gone , reliable go ro receiver issue

Well it's a seller's market right now. . . Montreal due to injuries (Boulay, Brown, and now Estelle) has concerns in the secondary as well. . .

i think is trading Chris Thompson for Mo Mann was a big mistake as Thompson rarely gets beaten and if he was playing where Bo Smith was last weeke we would have won that game by 10 points

I know hindsight is 20 / 20 but I felt that way the day of the trade as Mo Mann really only had one good season ....

I won’t argue that gerbear. . . I always liked Thompson as well.

Why? Well, one reason is the day is close approaching where a veteran’s contract is guaranteed for the remainder of the year. If any more trades are going to happen, then they’ll probably happen now. I wouldn’t be surprised, if say for example, Marquay McDaniel is moved for some help elsewhere.

He would also be burning up the phone lines to agents of NFL players, since it's NFL pre-season now. It is time for the annual NFL "reject" airlift.

I would agree at the time of the trade… but as we sit now, Mann is our only real deep threat (whos not a rookie)

I really hope Obie is able to get something of value from NFL cuts… our secondary is just terrible, and I feel offense (with a healthy Mann) and special teams are solid as is… but we’re not getting to the QB enough and the secondary coverage just isnt doing it.

The blitz or bust defense isnt doing us any favours either… Good QB’s are completely taking advantage of it and picking apart our secondary.

Maybe we pick Brandon Browner if He cut lose by his NFL Team

8) I highly doubt that Browner will be released by Seattle.
 The Seahawks traded their former first round pick, CB Kelly Jennings yesterday, making it almost a given that Browner
  will make their roster !!

Browner has drawn rave reviews during his training camp.

I don't think the Secondary is as bad as some are making it out to be. We have rookie players, a new DC, and a new attack style that we all knew would be vulnerable to the big play. Bringing NFL cuts onto the roster now doesn't necessarily mean we'll be better by November.

BTW, did anyone else catch Rod Black's comment during the Montreal vs Calgary game. He said Calgary has a good defence except it is vulnerable to the pass.

Our secondary is indeed the weak link. Not only for giving up big plays or shutting down teams in key 2nd down situations but also for interceptions. We only have 5 in 8 games.

I kind wish we had Hibread D some of Marshalls and some of Chamberlands

Hi Tipper:

I saw a video report on Browner the other day and heard the Seahawk's head coach, sorry don't remember the name, praising his play and his size more than once. I even heard some talk of him being a starter when the season begins.

I am wondering about the wisdom of bringing in NFL cuts with Onknight. As good as the players may be, they won't know our league or their new teammates or the coach or the system. Since a lot of secondary play is based on tight co-ordination and communication, I doubt they will fare any better than those that are here now.

I think we will need to show our DB's and their coach more patience while this group starts in the right direction.