Obie Looking For Help !!!!!

8) Listened to Scott Mitchell on the Fan 590 this morning and when Hogan asked him if he is happy with the personel on this team, he said that Obie would be able to answer that question better than himself.
 He said that Obie is down at NFL camps scouting players that may become available.  That obviously answers that first question !!!

Also that Bob Young and management are not happy with our record to this point.  (no kidding).

He said that they are not looking at a coaching change now, that Charlie is a good football coach !! (the usual kiss of death) !!!!

first part of this thread is very good news.

but that last sentence just totaly ruined my day

According to Marty York in the Metro News, if Taafe doesn't get a win Thursday night then Obie will be taking on the coaching job too.

If that is the case then he should also promote D'Mac to OC :thup:

Marty words in the article are : "don’t be surprised if Charlie Taaffe is replaced as their head coach if his team loses to the Toronto Argonauts Thursday"
which means he is making it up without any source.

Good point, Beet. I think York is wrong with his assumption. Obie is likely prowling NFL camps with an eye for offensive linemen and defensive backs.

I thinks he realizes that there is nothing to gain with a head coach change right now, but I'm sure that if the team continues it's tailspin, Taaffe and company might be gone by next season.

Interesting. If this is true, wil everyone be cheering for the Argoooooos? :twisted:

An Argo-Cat fan

According to Marty York in the Metro News, if Taafe doesn't get a win Thursday night then Obie will be taking on the coaching job too.
Best football news, I`ve heard in a month :thup:

I will NEVER cheer for the blue team - not even if proton decay ends the universe...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton_decay

Barney - Just the NFL - Not F*&^%&^ Likely

Sounds a Win/Win situation to me.

I've bolded the problem with this

Obie should be here over seeing how Taffe and his coaches prepare for the Argos. Do we not have scouts who should be out looking for talent.

(LEO1) Obie should be here over seeing how Taffe and his coaches prepare for the Argos. Do we not have scouts who should be out looking for talent.
We've had scouts on the jobs for years, but we remain a last place team.

Obie may want to try his own hand at bringing in some decent talent. I'm sure he's better connected than any of our scouts too.

agreed

Do we not have scouts who should be out looking for talent.
8) You would sure think so. Don't forget that Mike McCarthy is no longer with us also.
 Dan Rambo apparently is the Director of Player Personel, but we don't even hear his name mentioned at all anymore !!!

Even he is being very quiet and secretive during all this mess !!!                 <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

Looks to me like they will try to get Charlie as much talent as they can from the NFL cuts and then see what he does with it.
That will mean Charlie will stay for the rest of the season. But if things don't improve he may not be around for the rest of his contract.
I really think this team does not want to bail out of Charlie's contract just yet. Maybe there are some additional penalties in it if he is cut before the end of the second year. Its too bad for the fans at this point but perhaps the team is banking on Obie's scouting trip to get new talent to keep things interesting for the rest of the season.

Or maybe Obie and the front office realize that this is more than just Charlie’s fault and they now realize that they didn’t put adequate talent around the team for him to succeed.

8) Exactly what you said !!!!
 Truer words were never spoken !!!!

scotty: Yeah.... but the fact remains that the play calling, poor game planning and non-existent second half adjustments have been the story all this season and last season. Thats not the fault of the players.
Don Shula's undefeated Dolphins were a heck of a team but even they couldn't have won many games with if they had the level of play calling we have seen for the last 24 games.
Many of our players have the talent to do way better than what we have seen so far.