Obie is bringing in the troops!

Aside from recent additions Mariuz and Collins, Obie is bringing in more troops!

"The Ticats also announced that import defensive linemen Jerry Brown and Justin Mincey, along with import defensive backs Ryan Jones and Woodny Turenne, have joined the team's practice roster."

The Cats will not be denied!

It seems, to me, to be much later this year -- the 30 day window where CFL PR's may be expanded from maximum 7 to maximum 12. When it was introduced a couple or more seasons ago, it was to coincide with the final NFL cutdowns. Regardless, it's an opportunity that, whenever it occurs, I believe should be used to the fullest as an inexpensive opportunity to get a good look at and get to know young IMPs of interest.

I hope Carlos Thomas is on the way out!

Here is some basic info on these new guys:

[b][i]Brown suited up with the Jacksonville Sharks of the Arena Football League this year after a four-year collegiate career at Illinois.

Mincey played four seasons at Florida State prior to a stint with the UFL's Omaha Nighthawks earlier this year.

Jones attended training camp with the NFL's Chicago Bears this year after four years at Northwest Missouri State, where he was named the MIAA Defensive Player of the Year in 2010.

Turenne spent time with the NFL's New York Giants and Chicago Bears after two years at Louisville.[/i][/b]

Only one of the four is listed as a recent NFL cut.

CFL Transactions (Sept. 28) shows that the Cats have also added IMP WR Coutney Smith (Southern Alabama)

As insurance I gather, although we have such great depth at the receiver position. Most teams salivate at the Cats roster of receivers.

Hmmm...don't know about that. I do know B.C. hasn't lost a game since acquiring AB3 though.

True, however the Cats are giving up an average of 30 pts per game which obviously denotes we have to score quite a few to win ball games. Shore up the backfield and we have an amazing team.

I'm sure the Cats would have kept Bruce had his contract not been so excessive but the cap is the cap and fiscal responsibility will hinder all our wishes.

According to Drew Edwards, the Cats have signed former Rider LB Byron Bullock.

The Lions did lose the first game Bruce was in the line-up. He looked like a non-factor in that game, but that may be because of learning a new system...

But you are right they haven't lost a game since Bruce has been incorporated and a big part of their team.

An good article on Bruce by Dave Naylor at TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/dave_naylor/?id=376870

I believe he's right on with his words in paragrah 12 -- "He's a proud player who feels most comfortable when he's being counted upon" -- and, I also believe Bruce wasn't "feeling comfortable" as a Ti-Cat this season. With his need to feel comfortable, his lack of production likely related, his contract, and possibly some things we don't know about I was, and remain, despite his success in BC, happy with the decision to trade him.