Obie goes looking for speed.

http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/540455

one player ran a 4.26 40 time. For those of you that don't know, that is FAST. i would sure like to know the rest of the credentials on that guy. :smiley:

Or maybe the guy holding the stopwatch was slow.... Good to read they are finding talent. No excuse this year :thup:

Good to read that some new player signings are imminent.

According to this excerpt from the cfl.ca website, "Training camp rosters are set at 68 plus all non-counters (i.e. draft picks and two additional players not selected in the current draft year)."

There are 62 players on the current Ticat roster as shown on the ticats.ca website. Therefore, the team can sign six more players without having to release anyone.

They can sign more then that. They can make some cuts during rookie week before TC and they can rotate guys in during camp.

Speed doesn't matter when you can't catch. I don't give a damn about a burner -- I just want guys who can hold on to the ball.

I didn't see the reports that said that these guys

were dropping passes, Pseudo. Do you have a link? :wink:

P.S.

I hope some of you posters who have been anxious
for news of signings are happy that the Ticats

are actually doing something' like the other team

i.e. finding these guys and signing to OTs

and having several more U.S. try out camps.

During the off-season up to 75 players+draft choices+2 can be signed; once training camp starts-June 7th this year- it has to be reduced to 68 +draft choices +2.

Richard

It'd be so sick if we could get a KR like Dominic Dorsey was. Jo Jo's ok, but he's getting old and he never really get's past the 50 yard line. Every time the KR gets the ball the other team should feel the pain.

Wait for it... .waiit... wait

Obie found

"GOOD"speed

:lol: :rockin: :lol: :rockin: :lol: :rockin: :lol:

Hopefully I didn't offend anyone with MY post

Ah, I may have been attempting an err on the side of caution there, Ron. Failed, apparently.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the work Obie has done to improve the team's overall talent.

Jo Jo just turned 26. That's "getting old"?

I don't think JoJo is our best kick returner. He was, however, one hell of a receiver when he got into the game last year.

That alone warrants a position on the roster IMO.

8) Overall team speed, is one of the most important factors for any succesful football team !!!
   Just ask Joe Restic  !!!       <!-- s:wink: -->:wink:<!-- s:wink: -->

Agreed

Thats hilarious!!!!
LOVE IT!!!
The signing that is (as well)

Beat me to it... lol

You do know Dorsey and JoJo are the same age right?

I agree, I'm sure there are better returners out there, but IMO JoJo can still get the job done when called upon.

As for JoJo, the receiver, he is one of the best we have, but he never gets a chance to shine... I have been campaigning for him to be a starter ever since training camp ended last season...

Maybe I just need more help to get my view heard!?

[quote="GBonds88

As for JoJo, the receiver, he is one of the best we have, but he never gets a chance to shine... I have been campaigning for him to be a starter ever since training camp ended last season...

Maybe I just need more help to get my view heard!?
[/quote]
I'm with you there.

Jo Jo should be used only as a receiver because he's really not that good at returning kicks. He's a great receiver hands down though.

I don't have a problem with JoJo only playing receiver. I hope now that Miles is gone JoJo wont be looked over this year.

Also for anyone to have success as our kick returner we NEED to block better!

We as fans need to show JoJo we are behind him 100%, and he needs to know that us fans see his talent and ability to play this game.

IMO if our management/coaches let JoJo slip away it will be a BIG mistake.

Obie found six to eight signable players with speed at the Florida camp last weekend. According to Drew Edwards' blog entry on Mar 31/09, the Ticats are running a tryout camp in Dallas this weekend and another one in California later this month. If he finds another six to eight players at each of these camps, he will have some tough signing decisions to make and may have to release a player or two from the current roster to accommodate the new signings.