O-Line to blame for lack of running game!

I'm sorry if some of you disagree, but the real reason Cobb isn't getting any yardage is because this inept O-line can't open a hole to save their lives! nuff said!

Partially…

I think the O-line is’nt that strong and we really miss Goodspeed.Saskatchewan pays for talent,by the way,Hamilton won’t and gets garbage…

But I think this front office fell in love with a one hit wonder,traded away any back up plan(Thigpen notwithstanding),and is reaping what it has sowed.It won’t pay for talent and can’t judge talent properly…

Same old same old,really…

Where’s Marcel Desjardins when you need him?

Cobb was fighting off tackles and blowing through guys. Now, he's leaning backwards when he hits the line.

He’s partially the problem…

I think the real problem is higher up with this teams decision making…It always is…

The problem is threefold in my opinion:

1. lack of lead blocking making it very difficult for the line to blow holes open for the RB.
  2. Cobb's hesitation
  3. idiotic playcalling

They all point to two problems: Cobb and Gibson

Everybody including the TSN announcer’s say it’s because Cobb is dancing rather that bursting through the line and it’s true.He runs full speed to the OL, shimies back and forth and get’s smashed for a loss.EVERY FRIGGIN’ TIME.D did enough for us to win.O did enough to deserve getting a big boot up the… let’s leave it at that…

I just find he hasn’t generated any momentum by the time he hits the line – so, it doesn’t take much to knock him down. Before, it just seemed like he was ducking his head and using his low centre of gravity to blow through the line.

I agree…

I would add a 4th problem,however…

4.The front office.They are the ones who would NOT pay Mr.Goodspeed,who is now laughing at them in Saskatchewan.There is something inherently wrong with that mindset that a team thinks it’s better to let a good player go to save money after you’ve had your only non losing season in the 5 previous.This is the inherent mentality of a loser that’s more concerned with counting nickles than winning football games.

Agreed

8) Your 3rd point says it all. Just brutal.

Let’s not leave it at that!

Let’s put the blame where it belongs…The front office cut 3 running backs over the last year to keep Mr.Cobb,who only had one year of play.

Does that seem remotely intelligent?

Cobb did have 92 yards of total offense, including receiving, so he must be doing something right. I thought he was deadly on the screens. But I do agree that at the line, he needs to make a quick decision and hit the hole decisively instead of always looking to make 1-2 moves first.

Both our offensive lines are not at their best, believe me. As I posted in our Als section, I thought Khari Long owned Jeff Perrett at right tackle for most of the game.

Cat defense palyed pretty good,especially the D-line…

Actually smiling just in front of the Montreal locker room, congratulating the players on the way in.

Cobb seems to be slow getting off the mark. Maybe he is in the backfield looking for the non existent hole.

Jimenez is close to being back

Once he back they move Rottier inside taking Hudson Spot....

that may help

Jimenez is nasty Blocker

Cobb did ok tonight. 91 total yards and never drops a pass and did well picking up yards after the catch. The problem is we are expecting too much because of his phenomenon status last year. Cobourne didn't look that much better. Do you honestly thing Kenton Keith, Cauley etc etc could break some of the non-existant holes Cobb face tonight or the Chip Cox sprint throught the line resulting in a tackle in the backfield? Geez should we replace Thigpen too because of his punt/kick returns tonight?

The bulk of those yards came on passes, not runs.

Cobourne didn't look that much better.
Cobourne: 8 carries, 55 yards, 6.8 yard average, 0 fumbles Cobb: 8 carries, 25 yards, 3.1 yard average, 1 fumble

Cobourne did do much better. Don’t mistake a lack of carries for a lack of performance.

Do you honestly thing Kenton Keith, Cauley etc etc could break some of the non-existant holes Cobb face tonight or the Chip Cox sprint throught the line resulting in a tackle in the backfield? Geez should we replace Thigpen too because of his punt/kick returns tonight?
Agreed that the blocking and play choices were at times poor (particularly on the third-down gamble you mentioned). However, Cobb has to make his cut decisively and then hit the hole hard instead of twisting and dancing around looking to shift gears. Particularly on short-yardage plays where a moment's hesitation can spell ruin for your chances of converting.

Yes, Caulley was brilliant at fighting for yards when there wasn’t much there. Too bad he had injury trouble.

tho I like Cobb..I think this is the beginning of the end ..I'm hoping I'm wrong but:....Cobb had 2 maybe 3 really good games last year..
the rest were avererage...

he had 1200 yards rushing last year..its avg's out to aprox. 67 yrds per game.....not good enough IMO