O Line 2024

Yikes! Dat’sa bigga boy! His calf’s are bigger than most people’s thighs.

3 Likes

Is he any good? At that size you have to wonder if he can do anything but stand up and block straight up.
And his ankles are bigger that most thighs😛

5 Likes

There is an article in a Quebecois newspaper on him. Apparently he’s been trying to lose weight to improve his speed - so he says. He used to be below 400, but gained a lot of weight during the pandemic. His goal is to play pro ball, but IMHO he’s going to need to shed about 70-80 pounds.

2 Likes

True. That’s the question/problem. Is it worth the risk? Figg’s was the 4th highest paid O-linemen in the league last year at 200k according to 3Down.

2 Likes

His ankles are bigger than the pillars on my porch . :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

He should go to Toronto. He’ll have 3 years of injury free football coming.

1 Like

Listening to Task N Tuz podcast from last week. CVZ was their guest. He sounds like he wants to play next year. He mentioned he is the most injury free he has been in years and, with all his time off, his body feels great.
Oh boy.
I bet if he accepts another low salary ( around 90-100k) he’s brought back for 2024 as a depth player.

2 Likes

Team couldn’t wait to get rid of possibly the best receiver in team history…

CVZ says he’s healthy so let’s go.

1 Like

I know, and he signed with Toronto for under 100k. Make it make sense.

3 Likes

Maybe he can share his health tips with Saxelid.

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

The most injury free he has been in years ??? Well of course he is injury free… It’s the off season !!!

2 Likes

Ha!,
He goes on to explain that usually at the end of a season his body is pretty beat up, even when healthy. He mentioned that this year, because of all his time missed he’s feeling 100%.

1 Like

If CVZ is healthy and shows well in training camp , then why not give him a shot . For some guys, age is just a number .

2 Likes

Factually he is unable to stay healthy as a Ticat, was quite healthy otherwise.

I think that it’s blatantly obvious that his staying healthy and showing well days are well behind him in the rearview mirror . CVZ was at one time a premium player in this league but he is well past that stage of his career now and has become sadly more of a liability than an asset moving forward with this team .

3 Likes

I agree with everyone about CVZ, I guess I figured he was going to announce his retirement after the season and now I’m not so sure.
I know he has young kids and a house in Hamilton so maybe coaching could be his next venture, but I think he still wants to play.

1 Like

He is a couple streets away from me in Burlington.

My wife coaches a few teams at the local school and is wondering if the children might display the same athletic ability as their dad LOL.

2 Likes

At this point they’re probably much more athletic.

1 Like

U of G produces good O linemen and receivers. I’d like to see Cats draft the other Woodmansy brother and pick up a Guelph wideout. In addition it’s time to draft a Canadian QB. How about that kid from Western?

3 Likes

That would be Evan Hillock, a Hamilton kid. Is he even eligible? Thought he just finished 3rd year.