Nye's Crystal Ball: Way too early predictions for 2023

Well it did me a lot of free beers when I sat with 12 Montreal fans in a bar in Jamaica that winter… All was not lost.
The big thing is it was just a game and I got over it pretty quick… Makes for good banter with good fans… The asshat fans however, well that goes without saying. But they thankfully are very few and far between. One son inlaw is a bomber fan and one brother-in-law is a stamps fan… I count them as two of my closest friends. Even in CFL season.

2 Likes

NOTHING could beat the 2017 Calgary loss for hilarity. I even had the opportunity to ask Ricky Ray about it. Basically he said - what do you do when they give the win to you?

Interesting take though. I think the West may see as much change than the East standings wise.

But hey - that’s why we play the games, because we never know…

3 Likes

NO they were not robbed open your eyes.

If we can just get a few more miles out of our aging offensive line maybe Zack Collaros has on outside chance at a third MOP award here in the Peg.

2 Likes

I’d say even better than an outside chance.

2 Likes

Says the Calgary fan who had his eyes closed . :sunglasses: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

oh come on bobo, “open your eyes”…that’s quite profound.

you can’t come up with observations like that with your eyes closed :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

Masoli is going to have a good year I believe, if he can stay healthy of course, but when you think about Bo Levi Mitchell, with Addison, Tim White, Duke Williams to throw to, with Butler and Hills coming out of the backfield, ya gotta think Mitchell is going to have a really big year. I haven’t been this excited for the season to start in a long time! The city will be buzzing with excitement come May, I think there will be multiple sellouts this year, if we come out of the gates say 3-0, or 2-1, the fans will really jacked up, tickets will definitely be a hot commodity. It’s going to be a special year for Hamilton. :beers::peace_symbol::canada:

2 Likes

I wish your team luck in the new season and thing they will be in the final.
But also, how to figure Masoli will do well with a lame duck franchise top to bottom is Saskatchewan. We just signed a O coordinator who was basically the only football person in North America who was dumb enough not to see the writing on the wall for the riders this coming season… Die hard Rider fan here but also just not seeing any bright spots or even a glimmer of half decent season coming up. Despite the signing of Masoli who is good but will not thrive with a poor team and even worse coaching and front office staff in frony of and behind Masoli’s efforts.
Hope I am wrong in my assessment, but it is looking bad here with the team basically waiting for the end of the coming season to blow it all up and start a complete and utter rebuild from the basement up.

I believe you’re getting Masoli mixed up with Harris.

Yes I am

1 Like

But I am, I think, correct on the fortunes of the Ticats and the Riders this season.

1 Like

Well all I can add is that time will tell . Being a Cats fan if it’s a usual season for this team we will see us lose a bunch of games we have no business losing . We will win a few more the same way and wind up with our usual modus operandi record of being a shade above or a shade below .500 .

This team seems to love their 8-10 / 9-9 seasons because minus that mirage 15-3 of 2019 it’s usually what we expect out of them here in the Hammer .

Sorry sir the replay showed that it was a block from behind FACT!

Hmmm The tigger cat fans made these predictions for how many years now?

The Bombers, with Schoen, Lawler, Demski and Bailey are stacked at reciever. I’m surprised Collaros (second behind MBT in passing yards last year) didn’t at least get a mention in the passing leader category. I’ll be so bold as to predict he cracks 5000 yards in 2023 (unless the Bombers clinch the division title early again and they sit Zach).

1 Like

Better hope he stays healthy

Isn’t that true for every starting QB, star receiver, RB,OL, DB, kicker / punter, ST, Coach…why the need to state the blatant obvious? :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Cow town fans love to be obtuse

1 Like