Nye: A name to follow for each team's camp

Football fans always have an answer for what intrigues you about certain teams. After a busy off-season of signings, re-signings, hirings, firings, drafts and trades, it’s time to see how these teams all piece it together.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/05/12/nye-a-name-to-follow-for-each-teams-camp/

On what planet does Rourke not have a ton of pressure on him, Nye? Successful season or not he’s in a pressure cooker to bring the Lions back to be a contender. And learn how to spell caliber.

1 Like

Lol...now, PorkyPine, that's not very NEIGHBOURLY of you...(calibre)

I agree with the pressure on Rourke being a factor. And, being BC born. But, he's 23 and he might have the chance to really grow. Pretty excited about the upcoming season!

2 Likes

Ah, this is the CFL, not the NFL, the “er” ending is the American spelling… think centre, theatre, etc…

2 Likes

Yah, OK, had to google it up, but you’re right, sorry Jamie. No apologies for insisting Rourke has all of BC on his shoulders though, he got that part dead wrong.

1 Like

That would be Mars.

But once Elon Musk buys and moves the CFL there a decade from now Nathan Rourke will be scrambling just to breath. The air is kinda thin.

I thought you were joking but…

1 Like

Darth Vader’s CFL ‘Dark Side’ team is seen here prancing onto the field in their home uniforms. They’re taking on Elon Musk’s Blue (from lack of oxygen) Bombers who have already clinched first place making this game a ratings nightmare for the Mars Broadcasting Corporation (MBC).

To make things more interesting the Death Star has promised to bombard the losing team with cheesy special effects. :smiley: :+1:

Apparently the future arrived while I was … distracted. Rourke could use some of that gear. I wonder if it affects his throwing motion. :thinking:

1 Like

All that Storm Trooper gear affects Rourke’s throwing motion big time. He’s limited to tossing those short 300 yard outs now here on Mars. Sorry. That’s just the way it is.

1 Like