Now, on to Montreal

Howsare plays. Ternowski replaces Durant and Ted gets his first start of the season, with Wynn out, injured, and on the 6-game list. Autry active with the DL. Adeleke is listed, on the main chart, as a GTD.

1 Like

With respect, if a pro football team needs a comment by a fan of their rival team to be motivated, they aren't pros. :slight_smile:

Also, while I'm as impressed with Hamilton's win against Winnipeg as anyone, it's just one game. We'll see if the Cats can maintain that consistency in Montreal this week. Our D-line is quite different from the last time the two teams met. Jamal Davis is back from the NFL, and Thomas Costigan is active as well.

Anyway, regardless of who wins or loses, I hope it's an entertaining game!

2 Likes

Glad to see Howsare, Adeleke and Hills in :+1:

4 Likes

I'm having trouble trying to bring the main depth chart and rosters, from cfl.ca, into this thread. If someone else can accomplish that, I'm sure I won't be the only one to appreciate it.
Thanks.

I’m counting 8 Canadian starters. Should give us some flexibility. I assume the D-line will see ongoing rotation, as they only need to keep one of the two Cdn starters on the field on any given play.

1 Like

Seriously, I don’t get why people are losing their minds over this guy. I don’t watch TSN and he isn’t annoying in stadium.

1 Like

Apparently TSN has moved some microphones away from where the hornblower has his season tickets in an attempt to make it less intrusive to the TV watchers

2 Likes

True. One game is also the total number of wins MTL has had since its 1-point victory against HAM over a month ago. And that was against a BC team playing its third-string QB.

Interestingly, 3 of the 5 MTL wins this season have come against teams missing their starting QB. (Unfortunately I can't think of any way to dismiss the wins against SSK and WPG.)

1 Like

A little misleading. We have played only two games since then, against Ottawa and B.C. We're 1-1. I mean, you can dismiss any team's record if you try hard enough. Personally, I don't expect Montreal to beat Hamilton tomorrow, but I do think it's possible.

2 Likes

Why do you think HAM has the advantage?

I think it's our O-line :grin:. Just kidding DnP, hoping for an entertaining game tomorrow.

2 Likes

If that thing's going off in my ear, I would rapidly find an appropriate home for it.

2 Likes

They have win 3 of there last 4 games though

1 Like

First, I think there is no comparison between Coach O (as much as he's made mistakes this year) and Danny Maciocia. Head to head, I take Steinauer every time. In a similar vein, I give a veteran OC like Condell the advantage over Calvillo, who was thrust into the role unexpectedly and who is still learning.

Second, Evans is coming off a great game; when he's on and given time to throw, he is superior to Trevor Harris, who no longer has the ability to throw the deep ball. If Hamilton shuts down the underneath game, they win the game.

Third, we have some injuries that I fear Hamilton will be able to exploit at safety and DHB (Murray, one of our best cover guys, is on the 6-game).

Fourth, Mark Washington's defense always makes our lives miserable, which also speaks to my fifth and final point...

When it's a meaningful game, Montreal always finds a way to lose to Hamilton. Going back a long time now. I wish it were different but history hasn't taught me to be optimistic...

I hope to be proven wrong, though!

3 Likes

Sounds like MTL peaked too early

Yay, the better depth chart is up
(click on it to enlarge)
For @bobo82

1 Like

I'm still wondering if we're ever going to see these new receivers Jaylon Redd and Terry Godwin.

Another guy Tony Brown has been around since before training camp.

2 Likes

Dylan Wynn going on the 6 game with 5 games remaining is a concern

3 Likes

Yikes !!! Never noticed that . I just figured that Wynn would be placed on the 1 gm . So question here , does the 6 gm only apply for the regular season or is it extended into the play-offs ?